Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, January 25, 2018

More unwanted visitors

I just heard something knocking things over to get into the crawl space.  It isn't the same large animal which I think was a raccoon, but something that makes a really weird noise - sort of like a cricket but a different sound and tone.     Stomping on the floor didn't seem to phase him.  Steve said he will come over and take care of closing that opening as well as tightening up the skirting around the entire house so pests can't get in.

My daughter in law was  bringing the baby, Quinn,  to visit  me this morning, and my son Steve came with her.  I was so grateful to him as I had to request some old medical records from when I lived in Virginia in the early 1990's.  I wrote a letter and filled out a form that I printed from their website.  Steve found their medical records dept. number and got a fax number they said I should use so as to get quicker service.  Then he took me to the UPS store to fax the papers out.  I hope to see a quick turnaround as I need the records prior to my upcoming IV treatments.  I haven't received a start date as yet, but hope it is soon.

I felt really good this morning, but after Steve & family left I was overcome by tiredness and took a fairly good nap on the couch!  It's been raining off and on today, and I'm gad I got my laundry done yesterday as I have to take it across the street to use the dryers.  The rain has been quite heavy at times and I'm sure glad I didn't have to drive in it.

I can remember the days when I was so good at paperwork and getting things accomplished - now I need one of my kids to help me along.  It's almost sad to think of a once-strong and capable man or woman, and how they often need help for simple things when they get older.  I guess life is mostly fair though, as I remember taking care of things for the kids, offering advice and helping them along.  Now the tables have definitely turned and it's "payback time".   Life is good if you can see things in a new and different light. 

I want to thank everyone who commented on my post yesterday, and offered me hope and comfort.  I hope each one of you realize how much love and joy I feel for all of the readers, and the way my heart seemed to lighten each time I read a new encouraging comment.  Thanks so very much.

6 comments:

  1. I have always wondered what people do as they get older and have no one to help them either because they had no children or their children live far away or as in some cases I know the children just don't want to be bothered. Too busy! So glad you have such a wonderful family around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids have been wonderful to me, but I also have to give half the credit to their spouses who are totally on board with whatever I need.

      Delete
  2. Great to have family! I think I know how you feel. I still have my husband. I am 82 years soon and he will be 81 soon. Between the two of us we still have "one brain". It helps... what one forgets the other hopefully remembers. So far that works for us. Our kids live far away but with FaceTime we are still connected. I wish you good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you put it "one brain between the two of you". I think you are both so fortunate and I wish you many more years of "brain sharing".

      Delete
  3. You have a wonderful and supportive family. You also have a "Cyber Family" who genuinely care about you.

    ReplyDelete