Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 29, 2018

I'm still here

I thought I'd just write a short post to let you know I'm alive and kicking!  Not much is happening - I took my car to get the oil changed yesterday morning.  I had made an appointment for 10 AM, but it wasn't until nearly Noon that I was driving out of the shop.  Boring!  I finished the regular Sunday crossword while I was waiting, as well as about half of the NY Times Sunday puzzle.

I also shopped at Costco and tried to pick up food and snacks that would be easy to pack and take with me to my appointment on Friday.   I'm still looking forward to beginning the treatment, although I had a "down" day this past Saturday.  I guess it's normal, especially when I'm alone all day and evening.  I drove to Jeannie's yesterday afternoon after getting the oil change and Costco taken care of - it was nice spending the afternoon with their family.  Autumn was working on a report she has to give her class on Wednesday, and I'm amazed at how professional it is going to be - much advanced for a 5th grader.  I doubt I would have had the patience to do it at that age.

As always, beware when I say I'm going to write a short post!  I can't help myself when I start writing.

5 comments:

  1. My excuse for being lazy today. I couldn't sleep last night and didn't go to bed til almost 3:30 am. I never could do the New York Times crossword, let alone finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved doing difficult crossword puzzles. These days, I wonder as do many folks my age, "Am I getting senile?", I can ease my mind because I can still work the NYT puzzle. My daughter tells me my long term memory is fantastic - it's the short term I have problems with!

      Delete
  2. I am better at numbers than I am with words so I prefer Sudoku to cross word puzzles. I keep a Sudoku book in the car and one next to my TV watching chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ex-husband always had a Sudoku book nearby and couldn't work a simple crossword puzzle if he tried. I have never figured out the concept of Sudoku, so I guess our brains are wired differently. At least working some kind of puzzle keeps the brain active.

      Delete
  3. I have decided I do not need an excuse not to post:))

    ReplyDelete