Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 8, 2018

Busy Morning and a Shock!

I got my B-12 shot this morning and sure hope it gives me a boost in energy.  I didn't notice it so much last month, but I feel pretty good right now.  After the shot, I made my way to my chiropractor appointment.  I needed to get gas and decided to stop at Safeway before heading on to my appointment.  I was surprised to see the price of gas was $2.73/gallon, and pumped a full tank.  When I hung up the hose on the pump and got my receipt I couldn't believe my eyes - the price went up to  $2.83/gal.  I have never seen it go up that much at one time  - usually they spread the increase out a few cents at a time!  It was a shock, but I'm glad I got there in time to get the lower price.

I had a good visit with the chiro, and also had a progress check this morning.   I had to step on some kind of device which measures how balanced you are standing.  I was nearly perfect!

The rain has been falling heavily all morning.  I have a couple of umbrellas in the car but didn't bother to use one at any of my stops - just dodged the raindrops as well as I could.   I will never complain about rain as I know we will have drought conditions sooner or later.  I'm going to have to heavily treat my yard for all the grass & weeds that are growing however, before the springtime property check.   

I'm hungry for lunch already, so I'll just wish you all a great day.

6 comments:

  1. Gas price changes are just like the stock market, hard to predict:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are constantly changing, but to see a 10-cent-a-gallon increase right before my eyes was shocking.

      Delete
  2. Glad you filled up at the "cheaper" price. They are quick to raise prices and slow to lower them.

    I have been thinking about you as I watched all the rain or more like deluge that California is receiving. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This what winters were like in CA when we lived here in the 1980's. I guess there are more dry years now, plus more people in the southern part of the state who need water, so I'm sure the last drop won't fall in Sacramento before the offiials are warping about drought.

      Delete
  3. Balance is extremely important as we age. Great that yours is perfect. Boy when you said $2.73 per gallon I gulped at the price but a 10 cent increase in about 10 minutes is a shock for sure. Wonder why? What's happened that would cause such a huge increase? Glad you got it seconds before. Your lucky day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter explained that 2.83 is the regular price per gallon. When you use a debit card rather than credit card, it drops 10 cents a gallon, and then when you finish pumping the price goes back up.

      Delete