Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018 is here!

I'm going to have a good attitude towards this year, as my horoscope tells me this could be the best year that a Scorpio could possibly have.   Of course, I have to account for my rising Gemini sign that isn't quite as optimistic, but I'll just take the Scorpio.  I'm half way joking here folks - I sometimes read my horoscope which usually doesn't have anything at all to do with my current situation.  I think it can be fun as long as you don't try to plan your life by it.   And I won't apologize for having a little fun wherever I can find it at my age!  So now, Scorpio, bring on all the good times and good luck!

I had fun yesterday afternoon and evening.  My daughter and her husband were moving some of Ara's belongings to a storage unit and I had Autumn and Arianna here with me.  They can really keep me laughing.

Today I'm back to more mundane chores, such as laundry.  I have been really tired the past few days and I can't figure out why.  I have another week to go before my next B-12 shot.  I guess it helps but it certainly doesn't have me clicking my heels or dancing! 

I love comparing the temperatures around the country - Wisconsin, where my brother lives is the coldest, about 12 degrees colder than NY where my son lives.   Wasilla, AK is a balmy 39 degrees, while I am shivering at 58 degrees.  It's all relative, and I'm happy being at 58 for now.

I did get a glance at the beautiful moon last night - nearly missed it because it was more over my house than where I normally find it.  I inched as close to the window as I could and looked straight up. 

I hope you are all dealing with the cold or whatever weather you're having,  and the best to come for the year ahead.

11 comments:

  1. We have had lows of 10 to 14 here on the Tx/Ok border. Our food-coop man had been up in Emporia, KS and he said is was minus 9 there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have four little calendars online on which I track the weather in Sacramento, 49 degrees at 8:30 pm , in Wasilla, AK it is 36 degrees at 7:30 pm; in NY where my oldest son lives it is 17 degrees at 11:30pm; and in a town outside Milwaukee where my oldest brother lives, it is 2 degrees at 10:30. Wisconsin definitely wins the prize for the coldest spot in my group. None of these come close to Emporia, KS, which is mighty cold!

      Delete
  2. I want to thank Judy for the link to her recipe for Texas Caviar. If you would like to see this recipe, the link is at the end of yesterday's post in the comment section. Just click on "Older Post" below, and get the link. Texas Caviar sound so yummy I'm going to have to try it one of these days, and will let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!

      I think the best way to eat is like salsa. Will be interesting to see what you think of it.

      Delete
    2. I'm shutting down on just about everything, including cooking, until my medical procedure next week is over with. I am more nervous about it than I'd like to be.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you have a good horoscope. I don't read mine much and think it might be fun to read 3 or 4 of them and see if they match. I too keep a watch on several weather locations although weather.com is about to drive me crazy it crashes so often. But it seems more accurate than weather bug for where I am. Very unusual weather for south Florida. Dark, dreary, raining and Gale Force Winds. Low in the upper 30's tonight. But it's 5 degrees where Carrie is so I think I won't complain but we aren't getting much beach time and these are our last two beach parks for the year. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to do a little preaching here. The government, and the government controlled media, don't want anyone to realize that we are in the beginning of a 400 year cycle, a mini ice age. Contrary to what some might believe, that doesn't mean the entire world will freeze up and remain that way for a long time - but it means the seasons change and are erratic - unseasonably cold weather in some areas and at time we wouldn't expect, and the opposite - hot weather at other times and in other locations. Think about what this is doing to global farming, say wheat crops. The plants are freezing in the fields, which then is followed by incredible amounts of rain. Watch what is happening to food prices and start to stock up if you can while you still can afford it. Yet all we hear is about global warming and how man is causing the planet to heat up. The sun has "gone to sleep" so to speak, and weather patterns are erratic - so we will notice this in our food, and in your case, where you spend your winters, summers, etc. The sun drives climate and not man. We are in an entirely normal cycle of weather but since governments can't control it all they can to do spout cliches about "global warming" which is a total bunch of crap.

      These changes will affect the entire world, by the way. Over the centuries dynasties and kingdoms have fallen because they couldn't feed their people. We cannot hope our government will take care of us - we have to prepare and determine what we need to do to assure our own survival. I am so angered and frustrated when I realize that government officials everywhere have to be aware of what is happening - our president, our congress, our governmental departments of agriculture etc., know precisely what is happening, but instead of informing the people so that they can prepare to adapt, just hide the realities we face.

      Delete
  4. Ask your doctor if you're vitamin D deficient. I think being tired is one of the symptoms. My granddaughter lives in Wasilla and have advised to be sure to take her vitamin D if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been taking Vit. D plus several other supplements for a long time. It seems my fatigue is due to anemia and very low blood counts over several years. I'm getting a bone marrow biopsy next week, and maybe that will give me some answers as well as treatment if necessary,

      Delete
  5. Good Grief!

    What I read is that the cycle from sun happens every 400 years BUT only lasts 15 to 30 years.

    It does not last 400 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your clarification, Andrea. I'm sorry that I worded it to sound like the cycle lasts 400 years, when in fact it lasts approx. 15-30 years and comes around every 400 years. I also think there might be a much shorter versions that appear in between the major cycles but they don't last as long.

      Delete