Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Time change

I just wanted to say hello and ask if anyone really likes the tampering with the clocks.  It's only the 1st day of standard time and I'm totally confused.  My computer tells me the current time but so far I haven't changed any of my clocks.

Even though I took a nap today I will try to go to bed earlier so I can have more time to enjoy the morning, which I always mention is my favorite time of day.  I need to drive over to the clinic tomorrow and schedule my B-12 shot.  They wrote me I can call for an appointment but I am not sure where to find the phone # for the clinic.   

I can really relate to the old doctor I read about today - I think they took his license away because he never learned much about using a computer.   He sounds like a doctor I'd prefer to go to.  Now most of them are facing their computer screens and typing away while talking to you.  Multi tasking might sound like a good idea, but I've read that it has many more negatives than positives.    With all the hype I've heard lately about EMP attacks and completely losing our power for a long time, that old guy will still be able to talk to patients.  He probably still writes prescriptions in longhand and tears them off the pad to hand to you.

I am really happy to be alive, but will always wish that some of the old ways had been retained.  Many of them were better than the ones that replaced them.  I am beginning to sound like my grandpa!

9 comments:

  1. One of the reasons I love living in Arizona is they didn't buy into the 'changing the clock' nonsense twice a year. They have actually proven that accidents (road and work-place) spike after the clocks change. Guess not enough people (or the right ones) have died.

    And I haven't meet anyone who likes the changes in medical care that were forced on everybody by O-bummer-care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure there are a lot of businesses that for some reason or another like the daylight savings time. It wouldn't matter if the majority of people in the country hate the changing of the clocks twice a year.

      I will have to say I have always had good health coverage between my Blue Cross and Medicare, and have nothing to complain about.

      Delete
    2. My health insurance got dumbed-down or the company I retired from was going to have to pay a penalty for our insurance being 'too good', of all things.

      Delete
    3. I hope mine just stays the same for the time I have left!

      Delete
  2. Well you know how I feel about the time change. I rant about it every year. It's ridiculous and like Judy said there have been multiple studies that have shown it is not good for our health. So who is making money on it that the congress does not put a stop to it? There have also been studies that have proven that you can multitask if you want to but neither task is done as well. We simply cannot do two things at once no matter how much we want to brag that we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to know the real reason and who benefits from the extension of DST into November. There should be a rhythm and balance to our lives, but this gets greatly upset and distorted for most people twice a year. The problem is that so many of us complain to each other, but I bet if everyone who complains wrote a letter to their congressional representatives and senators, things would change in a hurry. I used to write letters all the time, but now they prefer email; I just think a huge pile of letters would have more impact than a computer folder full of emails, but then you have to worry about who can put a dangerous substance on those letters. With emails you only have to worry about the Russians intercepting them!

      Delete
  3. Personally, I love daylight savings time ! In the summer it is dark when I go to work but when I get home I still have 4 hours of daylight. Time to now my lawn, BBQ, walk or just sit in backyard with lemonade and watch the firefly's. In the winter just the reverse. When I get home it is cold and dark and I don't want to be outside. I spend time cooking, making jewelry, light the fireplace, and wrap up in a cozy blanket with a hot cocoa. I guess I am just lucky that my mind and body embrace change quickly. I don't fight it - just roll with it and enjoy what each season brings. Changing the clocks is something that gives me more summer and less winter - and that's a good thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very fortunate to be able to adapt so well to the change. When I was a young child I spent a lot of summers visiting my grandparents' farm in Western KY, and remember the time changing in that state. It was for the benefit of farmers and it made sense. I also remember when "they" decided to change the time over the entire country. The only reason I can recall (and there were undoubtedly more) was that you could play more golf in the extended daylight hours. Initially the time went back to normal in late summer - why it is now returned to "normal" in November. It is difficult for most people to adjust, physically as well as mentally, and I'd like to know the real reason we have it, although I doubt if golf has much to do with it.

      Delete
  4. Put me down for hating the time change!

    ReplyDelete