Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Finally!

Yesterday afternoon I received a msg from my doctor saying she sent a prescription for thyroid medicine to my pharmacy; also she is ordering monthly B-12 shots for me.  I have to call the clinic and schedule those.

I went to the pharmacy and picked up the Rx, even consulted with the pharmacist, which I usually don't do.  This time I had a few minor concerns and just wanted to get all the info I could before starting the meds.   She recommended taking the pill with a glass of water an hour before eating or drinking anything else, so I was up at 6:30 this morning, took my pill and then went back to sleep until 8 am!  I'm told I might not notice an improvement for up to 2 weeks, or it could be sooner, and I could have a few side effects.  I'm committed to the mindset that this is going to help me, will change my life for the better, and do so without any bad side effects.  I didn't think my B-12 was low enough to warrant the shots, but I'll take those with great hopes as well.

It's been raining pretty heavily this morning but I might try to drive over to the market.   I ate the last egg in my fridge for breakfast this morning so I need to get another dozen.  This is going to be a good day to stay indoors and enjoy looking out at the rain.

I just wanted to tell you my good news that maybe I might be on the road to feeling better.  When I got the dr's msg I was so happy I felt like cleaning my house!  Fortunately, I talked myself out of that one.  I will do it soon, but a little at a time.   And I still have my bathroom painting project staring at me.

Take care folks - this is a good weekend to just stay inside and relax.

8 comments:

  1. I give myself my b-12 shots. I have to take them once a week for my anemia. Might be an option. Easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably could do it if I have to, but when I get a shot or have blood drawn I always look away when the needle is being inserted. I think at my age I prefer to just drive the mile over to the clinic and have someone else do it. If they recommend it to me then I'll consider it.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that you have high hopes for these medicines. We do get to the age where the doctors can do a lot for us as our bodies aren't in the same shape they once were. Just laughed out loud at your line about cleaning your house. "Fortunately I talked myself out of that one". Yes siree! Good move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sense in jumping the gun on using my energy until I see how things go!

      Delete
  3. I used to have the nurse give me my B-12 shots but they charged me for an office visit every time. I'm lucky cause Jim gave me mine for years before they had me stop. Guess after 30 years my B-12 got back up to where it should be. Definitely don't jump the energy gun yet. Give yourself a chance to just enjoy it before tackling things like "work".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to take my time so I don't overdo getting back to "work". I will see how it goes when I get my first shot - I could have my daughter give me the shot. She's had Type 1 diabetes since her late teens and had to inject the insulin herself. Now she wears a pump that administers the required dose when needed, and every now and then she has to move the injection site. I don't think I could have done what she has been able to do - gotta give her credit.

      I would imagine my insurance covers the office visit and the shot, but if I can save Medicare some money I'll try to do it. It always burns me up to see the entire medical field take advantage of Medicare with unnecessary charges, tests, etc.

      Delete
  4. I have always heard that B-12 shots are absolutely wonderful. Both my mother and my uncle swear by them but then the Mexican government put out more stringent rules and now they require a doctor's prescription to buy them and one to have someone inject them.

    Hope it works for you as you certainly have the right mindset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard anyone say anything negative about the B-12 shots. Hope they work for me.

      Delete