Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Simplest Things

This morning I wanted to hang a new shower curtain liner that I had bought.  I got the old one off easily enough, although it took me a great deal more time than it would have just a few years ago.  Putting the new one on was nearly impossible and I ended up having to straddle the tub, standing precariously on the sides, to be able to see and hang it.  My kids would have killed me had they seen me standing on the tub sides!  Thank goodness for the grab bar and it was helpful for steadying myself.  It's all over and done with, but I wonder about the next time I need a new liner.

I've noticed that the simplest things I used to accomplish so easily now take forever.  I guess there are trade-offs with everything and getting old is offset by the fact that I am much happier and more contented.  Certainly I'm much wiser except when it comes to being stubborn about doing the simplest things for myself, but which aren't simple anymore.

The tumeric I ordered was delivered this morning, and I've already started the regimen of taking 2 of them daily.  The probiotics will no doubt be delivered tomorrow.  They aren't a brand that I've seen in my Costco store, so they probably had to have it shipped from somewhere else.  I got notice that it is on the way.

I think I want to resume painting soon, and doing a couple of small canvasses with acrylics.  I got an art set for Christmas that contains oil paints as well as other mediums (this set is huge!), but I will have to get the house in order before I start on any of it.  I still need to do one more fruit or vegetable for the kitchen and a few days ago I thought about sketching some beets I had on hand.  They didn't look right though, as I had cut off the leafy tops since they were starting to yellow.  I will try to find some pretty ones at the market on Saturday.  Another one I might try are avocados, and I can see in my mind how I'd like to arrange them.

It's good to get excited about upcoming projects - the practical ones of finishing the windows and surrounds, which result in beauty, as well as the ones for the benefit of the soul, which I find in painting, also resulting in beauty to me, at least.  I know my limits as an artist and will always be critical of what I do, but I enjoy doing it so much and it provides me with satisfaction so that I'll do it anyway.

9 comments:

  1. Your colorful paints have made such a difference and they are a great legacy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy doing them, but I don't take myself very seriously.

      Delete
  2. "paintings". I am challenged today with my typing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things we do just for pleasure are the ones we really love. I think you love to paint. What a wonderful thing. I'm very interested to hear what the tumeric and probiotics do for you. I've heard a lot of touting of tumeric and would like to try it but I just hate the taste of that spice in my food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to sprinkle tumeric on a fried egg, very little at first, and grew to like it. But now I just take the capsules, 2 a day, and it works just fine with no after taste.

      Delete
    2. After reading your comment again I see you mentioned the probiotics and what they do for me. I stopped taking them after the cardiologist told me to quit most everything. Since then I have had the most horrible indigestion and heartburn you can imagine. I never had a problem while taking the probiotics, which add healthy bacteria to the gut and keep it working well. I'm anxious to see if I go back to that happy state again. By the way, I've never had an aftertaste from the tumeric capsules. I always drink a glass of warm water when I get up, sometimes with juice of half a lemon, and then immediately took the probiotic and tumeric. I sure hope I notice good results as quickly as I did the first time I started taking them.

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about doing the simplest things it is very irritating to me to not be able to do what I used to do.

    I use Turmeric in my veggie omelets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it on my fried eggs, but I couldn't put as much on them as I get in the capsules, plus I don't eat them every day. I decided to just go with the capsules and they work, but I still like to season once in a while with the tumeric powder.

      Delete