Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 24, 2017

No news

I saw the chiropractor this morning, and feel really good from that standpoint.  I get a re-test in 2 weeks, when they can measure the progress I've made and will recommend future treatment.  I will only go once every 4 weeks next time because I just can afford more.

I stopped at the grocery on the way home as I was out of milk AND half & half.  That just would not do to be without cream for my coffee tomorrow morning, although I've substituted whipped cream once in a while.  I put whipped cream with cinnamon & nutmeg in my coffee but usually just when I'm sharing with Jeannie & Ara.  Coffee is such a social drink but even by myself in the morning I love it.  Can't think of a more enjoyable way to begin my day.

I got up early this morning because I was plagued with leg cramps all night long, so I took a nap after lunch, thinking I would go to the gym when I woke up.   That never happens - I seem to be able to make one trip out a day, and then when I return home, I am home!  

Tomorrow I have the long-awaited visit with the endocrinologist about my thyroid.  I've been wanting to find out more about this condition and what I can do to alleviate some of the symptoms, if possible.  Now it is almost anti-climactic.  (I had to check on the correct spelling/usage of climactic vs climatic).  I sure hope the doctor doesn't want to do any more tests.  I hate setting them up, waiting for them, worrying about being on time, and then not really knowing any more than I did.   I think many times tests are a way to generate income for the medical center or practice.

I'm hungry so I think I will throw some leftovers together and see what I come up with.  It's too early to eat supper as I will be hungry again before I go to bed.    

7 comments:

  1. Drinking my coffee is the first thing I do when I get up. I always use some whipping cream and some 2% milk. Works for me :-) first cup is regular coffee the second cup is decafinated. Maybe one more decaf after lunch and that's it for the day.
    I hope you'll have good results tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vera, I also drink about 3 cups but just in the morning. I grind the beans every morning, and mix regular coffee with hazelnut flavored. I make it about average rather than on the strong side, and 3 cups doesn't seem to bother me in any way. I just love that part of my day.

      Delete
  2. I use powdered creamer in my coffee that is my first thing in the morning to I use large mugs so when I make 5 cups it fill my mug. I used to drink lots of coffee but sure cut back.

    I hope all goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did care for powdered creamer - love the 1/2 & 1/2 for the rich flavor. I guess the good thing about powdered is that it doesn't spoil and doesn't have to be refrigerated.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you hit the nail on the head with having 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning. It is such a pleasant way to start the day and the taste is unique. There is a coffee for everyone. A friend sent us some India coffee and it is more bitter and strong. Not so much for my liking but if it was what I was used to I suppose it would be just fine. Nice blog and I hope your health issues resolve soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be able to drink my coffee a little stronger but always preferred it mild. Years ago when my brother was in Somalia, he sent me some African coffee which was way too strong, so I just mixed it with a milder coffee bean. You might try mixing your India coffee with a milder one.

    Thanks for your good wishes on my health. I'm ready to start feeling great again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unless you are trying to lose weight, who cares how many times you eat? I was at the chiropractor this week too. He always fixes things up for me. You don't want to drink coffee with David. The African is his favorite and he brews it STRONG. I think a spoon could stand up in it. I don't drink coffee and actually don't even like the smell of it anymore.

    ReplyDelete