Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, June 27, 2016

Trying not to melt

It was another 100+ day so I made a quick trip to the grocery before it got too hot.  I find the Bel Air employees to be so friendly and I don't remember that from when I first started shopping there.  It occurs to me that maybe they were always friendly, and it's me who has changed.

There wasn't much I could do at home and stay cool, so I worked on my photograph project.  I finished another album that holds something like 300 photos, and it covers our lives from our first house in Cincinnati where our children were born, to the house in Sacramento up to the time my husband and I separated.  He remained in Sac with Mike (who was in his first year of college, and I moved east with the other three kids.  Mike finished two years of school here and then moved to Washington DC where he got his undergraduate degree from George Washington University.  There was a lot of travel back and forth between our homes, as we tried to celebrate holidays together.  They were trying times, with single parents attempting to raise teen-agers - not easy even when you are on the same page!  Looking at the photos brings a smile that goes all the way to my heart. 

So with another hot day tomorrow I will probably sit and sort photos from the 1990's.

At 9:30 pm my desktop westher widget tells me it is 99 degrees; by contrast, it is 63 in Alaska!  I think I'm going to love Alaska!

Thanks to those who wrote me that I should leave the bandage on my stitches rather than expose them to the air.  I have become pretty good at wrapping my arm, and I'm going to be delighted when this ordeal is over with.  I've followed the directions explicitly even though following directions doesn't come easily to me unless I really believe them.

I hope you all have a great week ahead, and try to keep cool!

6 comments:

  1. It is only suppose to get up to 92 here today. But with the high humidity, that is plenty hot and time to stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather channel predicts 106 today with 22% humidity. I'll bet it feels hotter here than in Texas, although humidity makes the air so much heavier and maybe will be more uncomfortable. Both of us need to stay indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just makes me feel like melting reading about your temperatures. You have a really great project to keep you busy in the heat. I think that might be the only way something like that would get done in my life. Your children and grandchildren are going to be so happy that you did this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder if anyone will ever look at this stuff I'm putting together, or appreciate it. People today can't understand why not digitize all your photos, get rid of all the paper pictures, and you can then look at them on your phone, computer, etc.

      It's ironic how many iterations of devices we've gone through since the year 2000. I'm sure that someday people won't be doing everything on their phones, but I'll be glad to not be around to see what madness will follow! I have come to the conclusion that I'm doing all this work sorting & arranging pictures for myself.

      Delete
  4. I feel for you trying to stay cool. We have cooled down to the low 100s but the humidity is high for us right now. Yesterday breathing was no easy.

    I bet your grandkids will love looking through the albums. You would be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The humidity is usually low here, but it's to hot to be out in nonetheless.

      Delete