Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Company this afternoon

My son had to go to the hospital (where he is a Certified Respiratory Therapist) this afternoon for a staff meeting; he took Alyssa with him as she could sit for a couple of hours and amuse herself but Keira would just get into boredom which spells trouble.  So he dropped her off at my house.

She colored in some of the coloring books and we talked; later we went to Chipotle (best food ever), and then to Baskin Robbins.  I've been craving ice cream and it was as good as I thought it would be.  Afterward, I drove through the residential area where we lived when we moved to California, and I showed her where her daddy lived and played when he was her age.  We finally came back home and I caved in and found a suitable cartoon station on TV so she could watch it.

Her mom came by when she got off work and we visited for a while, and when they left the dog park people all sat around talking and laughing while their dogs rushed the fence. I know I complain frequently about this situation on my blog, but so far have hesitated to say much to the people in the office.  I'm not a complainer and I do believe in karma, or "what goes around comes around".  Most aspects of my life are so good right now, and I don't want to rock the boat.  Plus, I just want to treat others as I'd like to be treated, but sometimes it seems like I get the short end of the stick.

I'm really tired and hope I can stay awake at least until dark!  

6 comments:

  1. We went to the Big Dipper the other night (remember the one we went to in Helena) so Jim could get his ice cream fix. Our neighbors here also have two dachshunds and when the four of them talk to each other it gets rather noisy. Then Todd has a beagle and a mutt and they join the chorus. Needless to say - we rush around trying to get ours back in the RV and Todd's in the house to peace will reign again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my tolerance level is lower because neither my black lab or my shepherd were barkers. I was happy for them to let me know when someone came to my door (or my tent) but for the most part they didn't make a lot of noise. Being stuck here and knowing it's not going to stop is hard for me, and I think for a lot of other folks who live this close to the dog park.

      Delete
  2. Poor manners on the owners more than the dogs. At least you had a nice time with your granddaughter today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The owners are doing it on purpose, I think. Probably someone complained, and they are going to show everyone how much they care.

      Delete
  3. Wish I had a grandmother to take me to Chipotle and for ice cream. Yum! Not sure you have to complain but I would sure mention it to the office that the noise is quite a lot for the people who live next to the park. I'd hate that. I love dogs but not barkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having Keira for a few hours was a lot of fun. Normally she is an accident waiting to happen, but actually the only thing she did was to drop something in the middle of a stack of carefully organized photos I was planning to add to an album! No big deal though - I've already got them in the picture book. We had a great time.

      Delete