Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, June 17, 2016

Last beautiful day for a while

Tomorrow will be in the 80's, and then it climbs every day to 100+ for a while.  There is a good breeze, so I hung two loads of laundry on the line.  Carrying the laundry baskets over and back is not friendly to my back!

I took a short nap in hopes Jeannie gets off work early enough that we can go to the gym this evening.  I wish there was an exercise I could do to make myself look good in a bathing suit, as we are going to Joe & Sarah's to celebrate the 4th of July and if it's hot I might want to take a dip in their pool.  I need to find a swim suit that fits me before then!

I bought some more photo corners at Michael's today but couldn't find index cards, so I stopped by Staples and got them.  If you want unlined cards  the smallest pack they sell is 500 cards!  I have no doubt I will be mounting that many more photos, if I live long enough!  I was in a great mood today, and at the Post Office, Michael's, and Staples ran into like-minded friendly people.  It seems like the better I feel the friendlier and nicer the people I meet. 

My arm is doing well and I'm getting better at wrapping the bandage, but now the itching has started.  For now it's mostly on the underside of my arm rather than at the site of the wound (?), but I'm sure I will go crazy before I finally get to go back to a normal life.

Right now it's quiet, but from time to time the noise at the dog park is ridiculously loud and irritating.  Yesterday evening the adults got into the act and were throwing the ball, calling out to their dogs in a way that gets them excited, and I don't know which was worse - the people or the animals!  I would like to know if the city has any restriction on how close a dog park can be to residences, but I'm sure they have themselves covered.  I couldn't find anything online.

I spent a few moments yesterday sitting on the patio after the sun moved away from it, but to me it's depressing.  Such a tiny little space, with nothing really attractive in any direction.  Maybe when I get some kind of rug, a small table, and fix up the back yard a little it might be more conducive to relaxing.  I found a card left in my mailbox from a landscaper, but I want to ask my son's opinion before I call the guy.  He doesn't have a regular business card, but wrote his specialties out in long hand.  For some reason I like the sound of him, but I'd like to know what Steve thinks.  I wish he could be here if and when I meet with the guy.

I think I'll go find something to eat just in case I end up going to the gym later.  I need to keep my energy level up.  It sags like everything else,!

10 comments:

  1. I've found a one-piece with a short skirt the most flattering for me. My daughter likes the ones with the 'boy-cut' legs, even though, she looks good in a one-piece Speedo. The big thing is to just crawl in the water and have a good time cause no one really notices unless you are wearing something risque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at suits at Target that consist of a top/skirt that you wear over the pants of your choice - most of the ones they sell are really skimpy. I'm too old for skimpy these days.

      Delete
  2. Remember, if you decide to go with someone to do work in your back patio area - don't give them any money until the work is DONE. Completely done to your satisfaction. (I've been watching Judge Judy lately and there are so many people who pay the whole amount up front, then either do a crappy job, or never come back. And have everything written out and signed by you both, just to be sure everything is understood. Too bad we have to do these things, but... :(

    About the bathing suit - get something you like and are comfortable in - then forget-about-it! And have fun. I'm sure you'll look great in any bathing suit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will feel better if I can get Steve's opinion, and hopefully he can be here to meet the guy.

      Most of the bathing suits are cut up so high at the leg openings, and I feel ridiculous in something like that now.

      Delete
  3. the itching they say is healing but boy does that ever get annoying. Hope this landscaper is on the up and up so you can get your little area fixed up and you can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a positive feeling when I read the card from the landscaper.

      I think it's the latex that is causing my arm to itech, so tomorrow I think I wrap my arm in gauze first and then hold it in place with a short piece of the latex.

      Delete
  4. Your brave ! I doubt I will be buying another bathing suit, ever. Lol
    Glad your enjoying your days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ireally don't want to buy another swim suit at my age. I don't like to swim, don't like pools or lakes or oceans (prefer the mountains). But it's going to be hot and I might want to cool off.

      Delete
  5. Don't see why you couldn't pick a nice pair of shorts and a tank top and call it a swimming suit. I do agree that the ones with skirts are often very nice. How about a light weight foldable cart to wheel your laundry over??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll give it one more try to find a suit, maybe at Penneys. A lot of folks use carts to wheel their laundry over, but since I'm so stubborn, I'll carry it until I can't carry it any more:-)

      Delete