Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Wings Ready to Fly!

I've packed everything except last minute items that I'll be using tomorrow.   Just did a load of laundry and it's hanging on the line across the street.  I wish I could predict if I'll be more likely to want jeans rather than capris.  The capris take up less room than denim fabric.  I'm sure I'll have a combination of cool, rainy, and warm weather over the next 3 weeks.

I have several books to read on the plane - I bought three new ones in the past month for that purpose, but I started to read one of them and got so engrossed that I only have 4 or 5 pages left!  

This is going to be a super enjoyable trip - my son is making sure of that, and has a terrific side trip lined up.  The only thing I didn't get a chance to do is to arrange for a haircut before I leave.  I had to cancel my appointment which is the following week and have never heard back from the hairdresser about a possible earlier appointment.  Maybe she will call me tomorrow and if she does I'll definitely head on over.  I'm not planning to take my hair dryer, so I might look frightful on any pictures I post.  Maybe my daughter-in-law has one I can borrow but I think she lets her hair just air dry.  They have a water conditioner and the soft water will have my hair super shiny in the next 3 weeks.  

In true gypsy fashion I'm already planning next year's excursion in my mind.  I'll be tweaking the plans many times before I'm finished, but that is part of the joy in traveling, in my opinion.  It's also part of the joy in being solo and retired - I can do what I want, when I want, and for how long! 

 UPDATE ON AIR SHOW:
What a disappointment, although it may have been terrific if I had been right there.  When the Blue Angels perform from Mather Airfield they fly all over the area and can be seen by many thousands of people from their homes.  I heard a few jet noises but only saw one plane in the distance, which didn't show up on a photograph.  The same thing happened yesterday - out of 3 photos taken not even a spot to indicate where the plane was showed up in the picture.  I had my camera zoomed all the way out and could see the speck of a plane in the viewfinder, but there evidently are important settings I'm not aware of!

12 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a wonderful trip. More time with the family when you fly. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy trails, Gypsy! I hope you will post from New York. Am really looking forward to the details of that side trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
    Have a wonderful time.

    arlonHboozer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wear the denim clothes and pack the capris. That way you will have more room in the suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a great & happy trip:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know you will have a super good trip.. have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good times are coming soon. Have a fantastic time and let us know what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear about it and the surprise side trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just think it is wonderful that your son has given you this trip. You sound so excited. I hope the airport treats you right.

    ReplyDelete