Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, September 26, 2014

Intrepid!

Yesterday we all piled in the van and drove into New York City, to the pier where the aircraft carrier Intrepid is berthed.  Although traffic was definitely lighter than normal due to the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashana, there were still a lot of cars on the road and we drove in a light but steady rain.   Mike had reserved our tickets to tour the Intrepid plus the Growler submarine.

This is taken while driving along the Hudson:  (The best photo I took on the drive along the Hudson and which showed New Jersey in the background, will not load.  It's a shame because it is a great photo!)


We arrive at the pier but the Intrepid is too long to get in one photo:








On the Growler sub:








On the deck of the aircraft carrier is a Harrier jet:




And the Concorde:



 I can see already that I have too many photos to include in one post, so I will describe and show most of the pictures taken in and on the Intrepid tomorrow.  (Click on a picture to enlarge.)

6 comments:

  1. Interesting tour. You can't put too many pictures on for me, but I know it takes time to down load them. Thanks for the very interesting blog posting. I was glad it wasn't just about New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour. It is a huge ship but the sleeping quarters are tiny, I guess they have to be to fit all the sailors.

    You sure are having a grand time...you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, of course, think there is no such thing as too many pictures. LOL. Looks like you had a fine tour. That Mike makes things happen doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice clear & interesting photos. Those are the kinds of tours I like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tour can't post to many pictures for me either. can't wait to see the rest tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete