Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wheels

I have wheels today, and drove a few miles to a nearby market to pick up some fruit and half & half for my coffee.  I didn't drive the van yesterday and last night told my son and d-i-l that I was nervous about driving it as it was larger than anything I've driven before.  They both stood there and laughed at me.  My son said, "It's not much bigger than your Highlander, and what about that Ford F-350 you used to drive pulling around that huge 5th wheel.  Oh, I forgot about that.  I did drive it, didn't I.  I also forgot about driving the kids around in a Chevy Suburban when they were little.  The Sienna has just about every safety feature on the market, although I could never find a lever to move the seat back.  I always drive with the seat far enough back that I can just reach the pedals.  A guy I knew who worked for the MD State Police once told me that most people in accidents get hurt when they are thrown into the steering wheel, and that I should move the seat back as far as I could.  I've done that ever since.

I was wondering if the deer would come down out of the woods and through the yard as they've always done, and we saw one on the hillside yesterday evening.  I didn't even try to take a photo as I was holding on to my younger grandson - he enjoys pounding on the sliding door and sending the deer running.  I finally gave up and the deer scampered off into the woods.  I'll get pictures sometime while I'm here, for sure.

The weather is beautiful:  overcast skies with a sprinkle now and then, and temperatures in the low 70's.  I'm loving it and glad I don't have to suffer the triple digits expected in Sacramento for the next several days.

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm like you - I don't like the idea of driving anyone else's vehicle, especially not a large one. Then I remember - oh yeah, I drive a motor home all over the place. Probably shouldn't sweat driving a CAR. LOL

    Nice to be there during beautiful weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am willing to drive anything that someone else owns and is willing to give me the keys:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about you be being afraid to drive the van. But the part that it does belong to someone else bothers me too.

    Really nice temps your having. I want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you arrived OK. Hope you have a wonderful visit with family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, so your son, DIL and I all think alike then? giggle

    Minivans, of course not my first choice, are awesome. Steven drives one - and I do have to drive it once and a while. I like them because they are so manueverable [sp?] and there are NO blind spots - at least in the ones we have always owned. And true fact - the first mini vans were built on truck bodies - not anymore - but so it's basically like driving a big bubble truck.

    I am glad you got out. I suspect you are a lot like me, in that, we love to drive. Even if it is only to go and grab some half and half and fruit. :)

    Have a great weekend! Hugs and love, Skip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have trouble adjusting to my sister's car after driving the truck. By the time you leave you'll feel just as comfortable as your own vehicle.

    ReplyDelete