Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday morning

Thanks to readers who have commented on my problems with spam.  My blog currently allows anyone to comment, and I can deal with a couple of spams a day.  You may remember a few months back I received close to 100 spams in about two days.  Since each comment comes to my inbox in a separate email as well as on the blog, you can imagine how inconvenient it is to find a great number of spam comments that I have to delete, as well as to go and delete them from the blog.  Yes, blogger doesn't let them get to the main page that is viewed by readers, and I'm thankful for that, but I still have to delete them from the spam folder.  For now I will take a wait and see position.

I drove over to the Farmers Market near my house this morning - the clock in my car showed 9:15 a.m. as I left home.   I was pulling into my driveway at 9:38, so you can see I had a plan for shopping and stuck to it.  There weren't as many stalls as at some Markets in the summer, but I found lots of fruits and vegetables to buy.  I also splurged on a large bottle of olive oil - the olives were harvested in October and the oil was bottled yesterday, and has a rich and robust flavor that is my favorite.  A woman who was leaving as I arrived at the stand said she was going back to Montana with her olive oil, and would be back next year.  She said how this was her favorite oil.  The man selling the oil spoke to me in Italian and I understood him!

I think next week I will walk over on the trail behind my house.  I've walked with Lady up to the section that goes under Freeway 50, and it looks like it isn't much further to the location of the Market - the parking lot at the light rail station.

These are the opportunities I will miss so badly when I am at Lassen this summer.  I almost never buy canned or frozen and I might have a problem getting fresh fruits & veggies in the northern counties.  I'll be able to find them, but it will require many miles of driving to get to them.

 

3 comments:

  1. There is the difference with the comments.... I have never had the email option turned on... So I only read the comments that are on the blog... No emails to my gmail account... So I just don't see the spam unless I go there to look at it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not because of Spam but because of the fact there is some kind of problem with Blogger reliably sending all emails to either my Hotmail or Gmail accounts, I have just cancelled that feature as well. Just discovered that discrepency a few weeks ago & it makes me wonder how many comments from people I have missed. The problem may have been going on for years & I only just recently discovered it. Like Rod, I now only read the true number of comments at the end of each post only....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman after my own heart. Knows what she wants when she shops and gets in and out in record time. Love a market I can walk to. But would it take you longer to get there than you are there?? LOL

    ReplyDelete