Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 9, 2012

Shopping for school books!

I always loved doing that, and I got another chance this morning. My granddaughter (Ara) came by for a while, so with her list we went to two local used bookstores plus a Barnes & Noble. She is taking three literature classes this semester - American Lit covering 1800-1900, a Science Fiction, and another course called "The literature of revenge". Shakespeare will certainly be part of the last one!

We found all the books on the American Lit class, including three at B&N that will be shipped to her house in PA. I got my book fix for today, although I need to go to the library to pick up a book I had ordered. I watch BookTV on weekends and am constantly jotting down authors and titles that I might be interested in. Sometimes I don't read much of a particular book and it goes back to the library next trip. It's ironic that how an author speaks doesn't necessarily reflect on how much you will like their writing.

Today is sunny and feels warm at 60F. I love the sunny days but worry about when we finally get some rain. I hope my roof doesn't leak too badly. I probably should have lived with the grungy interior and had the roof resurfaced, but I live on the inside and not on the roof. I just love the way the interior is coming together, and it is about time for me to get my painter's hat back on.

9 comments:

  1. That's what is so nice about the library. You haven't put out any money for a book that you end up not liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic Gypsy...BOOKS!!!! I've never gotten book TV but then I've never had cable but as soon as I'm not on the road, that will definitely be a reason to get cable. What fun to go pick out books with your granddaughter. Hope some day I have one just like her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't make it thru a day without a good book. Right now i'm reading Lee Child, you can't put em down.
    My g/dotter's choice of work would be as a librarian. Her dream job,,she said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Uh Oh, Oh no, don't let the rain come down"

    Hope it's leak free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better be careful with that roof, you don't want water to ruin your newly painted place.
    TROUBLEnTX, I'm with you on Lee Child. I have read all his books. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy reading your blog posts. We love reading in our family, too! Good for you!

    Mike and Dee White
    gonerving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might consider a foam spray-on roof. They form to any surface and provide good insulation. The big cost is the move-in of the equipment, so if several others get one at the same time, the cost can go down. Talk to the manger of the park and see if any others might be interested. It wouldn't hurt to get a quote. You do have to paint them every few years to protect from the UV rays of the sun, but that is easy with a roller on a long pole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always liked going to the library for just what you mention. If I do not enjoy a book in the first few chapters, I can just return it. I have not used a library since we started full timing, but I get most of the books now at the campgrounds book swaps. Almost like a library:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We use libraries a lot while traveling. Still prefer reading a book as opposed to trying to read something on an electronic device about the size of a deck of cards. The smell of new books always reminds me of early school days:))

    ReplyDelete