Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, January 29, 2012

My kind of weekend!

This is the way I love to spend the weekend - doing NOTHING! I've been outside four times in the last two days, dog walks twice a day. I'm getting ready to fix supper and still have my pajama top on - I did throw on a pair of jeans for this afternoon's walk. I never thought I would come to this, but the thought of going anywhere and getting into traffic just isn't my idea of fun. I've turned into an old fogey!

I am nearly out of primer so I will have to make a trip to Home Depot tomorrow. I wanted to paint the wall behind the stove before I put up the new range hood - yes I'm still without a range hood, but more importantly, without a good light to cook by. It looks nice even with just a coat of primer, and I think I can use painter's tape around the edges of the range hood if I have to when adding the top coats. I also primered a couple of doors as well as two closet doors. That leaves me four closet doors but I just couldn't get in the mood to finish them this weekend.

There is one thing I have done all my life and have never learned my lesson - that is, I neglect to close overhead cabinet doors. I should have a dollar for every time I've run smack into one, and now because of my limited area of vision (or maybe just because of my limited attention and concentration on my surroundings) I am running into them more often. Ouch, that hurts!

Speaking of painting, I have noticed a worse problem than I thought at my living room window (on the side of the driveway which isn't painted yet). I believe I will have to replace part of the interior wall, and hope I can find some cheap laminate paneling that will blend in. Then I'll have to con one of the young men in the family (or maybe more than one) to rip out the old and put up the new. It shouldn't amount to much, but the paneling is in such bad shape from water damage that I know I have to fix it.

I'm watching two hummers at my bird feeder, one smaller than the other. The little guy was there first when the big one came along, but junior held his ground (or should I say he held his perch) and there was no problem. Maybe the small one was a female and no territorial threat? I should learn more about hummingbird behavior. At any rate, the small one stayed on the perch and the larger one hovered while sipping the nectar. I just love those little birds.

I mentioned my limited vision, and while I am anticipating getting new glasses, I no longer have the blurriness which was driving me crazy. I can basically see fine, although I miss a lot in my peripheral vision. It may sound crazy to most people, but I know and can sense that part of the donors are a part of me now. They will always be with me and I think of them and appreciate them every day. I wonder about others who have had heart or kidney or other transplants, and whether they have the same sensations. It's like I'm never alone now.

I need to get supper cooking, but it's tempting to just eat the fresh bread and to cook the chicken tenderloins tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. Go for the fresh bread! Love to hear about you living your life however you very well want to. If you are an old Fogey then me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love weekends where I never have to get out of my pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah... the fresh bread... sounds wonderful.

    Also, I think you're just nesting. You have your very own place now. I wager it's a secure kinda feeling.

    ... wearing pajamas and doing nothing is something I feel you deserve...

    la la land is a fine place to be.. I hope I find my la la ness place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting along so well, except for the head bumping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To bad they don't have self closing doors. They have the drawers that do.
    The smaller humming bird is the female. They are so cute I just love them.
    Hanging at home is my most favorite thing to do. Now that I have Fred I need to get some what dressed for walks also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have the occasional day where I enjoy doing absolutely nothing but I haven't reached weekend status yet. I'm almost looking forward to that some day. Good for you in enjoying your restful time. I am envious.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I leave upper cupbrd doors open too!! How many times does one have to be smacked by an open door to learn that lesson? It seems innumerable times :) You have been very busy. Love those days when you are just doodling about still in jammies...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for the bread. I told Jim the other day that I really needed to start getting dressed earlier in the day. People keep showing up at the door. Oh well. I just enjoy sitting around relaxing in the morning waiting for the world outside to warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear your vision is returning and blurry, Good things happen to Good people. Grab that son of yours and have him do you window work, I'm sure he won't mind. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That should say NOT BLURRY, Thanks Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess there is an advantage to being short! I don't crack my head on cabinet doors because I can walk right under them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Painting was your "doing nothing?" LMAO...ok,,,
    I can't stand those doors open,,even when i'm at someone else's house, i shut em,,without even realizing it.
    Done a few head bumps too, lol. yep, ouch.

    ReplyDelete