Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Spring Planting

I get so excited this time of year as I look over mail from flower & bulb growers, and try to decide what I'd like to plant this coming year.  It may be tricky because while were supposed to be in the new house before Christmas, the delays associated with the pandemic might push the date back a bit.  Most of the bulbs and plants I'm looking forward to growing will need to be in by early January.  I want to try some new things this year - as well as the tried and true daffodils and tulips.   My daughter-in-law, Steve's wife Megan, has offered to help me out.  She has done absolutely wonders with gardening this past year, including things I've never thought of as far as where to plant.  She has the standard garden, but also uses other available spaces that normally wouldn't have flowers and vegetables growing in them.  I think she's a genius, and I look forward to her helping me.

I've been getting mail and suggestions from Spring Hill Nurseries, and think I will go to them for all my plants and seeds.  Their selection and variety is astounding, and they guarantee everything they sell.  I wrote them a few weeks ago to ask some questions about their selection, planting times, etc., and they responded immediately.

  https://www.springhillnursery.com/ 

I just hope I have the initiative and energy to do a garden this coming winter 

1 comment:

  1. So good to read your excitement in your posts. So many options for above ground plantings in pots. I have seen some folks using galvanised water tanks and beautiful wooden box type planters. And between your DIL and granddaughter it should be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete