Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Losing It!

What I'm losing is control over my life, and I don't like it one bit.  Maybe someone else out there has the same thing happening to them - either adult children or someone in your lives taking over everything, telling you what you should and shouldn't do, etc.  I'm fed up with it, but I don't like confrontation so I put up with it for the most part.  But I do a slow burn inside! 

As I'm sitting on my deck writing this, a small bird flew over my head, probably missing me by an inch or so.  It then landed on the deck railing and perched there for a bit while I looked at it and tried to think what message he has for me.  He flew off into the trees as quickly as he came. 

This is the first time in a long while that's been cool enough to sit outside and enjoy the evening breeze.  I think we are returning to hot weather 24/7 later on this week however.

My sister and brother-in-law visited me today, and we had a nice 2 or 3 hour chat.  I really enjoy it when they stop by - they live up in Carson City Nevada, so I don't see them but about once a month. 

That little bird flew up to the top of a tall tree in my back yard, and is still there, flitting around and doing acrobatics, and then returning to the branch.  He must be catching insects in the evening air.

As I've mentioned before, the first 79 years of my life have been wonderful, happy, and fulfilling.  But oh that number 80 is a P.I.T.A. and I don't know if I'll make it to 81, or if I even want to.  It's just not fair.

Thanks for reading, if you've gotten this far, and I know a good night's sleep will do wonders.  

4 comments:

  1. Things often look better for me in the morning as well and I can tell you that I am not looking forward to losing my Independence and ability to be on the road as I get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can fight losing our independence until the end of our days. I found that getting off the road and staying in one place was a huge relief by the time I finally did it. Now, I have wonderful memories but would never want to return to that lifestyle. I think you can sense when the time is right to do something different. Hang in there as long as you can, and you might find the days come when you really feel like staying in one place.

      Delete
  2. Dont despair, there is always two sides to every question, including aging! I am approaching 84 and although I have several maladies, I am blessed beyond measure with various aspects of life. Some not so great, others OK, and some WONDERFUL! Keep looking for the SUNSHINE BECAUSE IT IS THERE, ALWAYS!! GOD IS GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I have always been very happy with my life even in the difficult times, but losing my independence has been the most stressful. I can't change it a bit, so I try to look for the best, and I mostly succeed.

      Delete