Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 30, 2021

Living With Others!

I've mentioned previously that until the new house is ready Jeannie and one daughter are living with me, and Donald and the other daughter are with his mom.  On the one hand, I love having other people in my house and it is very comforting to me that they are near.  On the other hand, it can sure upset a routine when someone else has a hand in it.

Jeannie is an excellent organizer (she gets that from her late father, God rest his soul, and she has organized my kitchen cupboards, fridge, etc., so that I can't find a damn thing!   I really don't mind, because at my age I'm just glad I have the company, and Rocky and I really love the chaos.  As the oldest of 8 kids and with 4 of my own, I've lived in chaos all my life and thrived in it.  But finding things in my kitchen has become a little more difficult.  As long as she doesn't touch my bottle of scotch, I'll keep my mouth shut, just grin and bear it!

9 comments:

  1. When my dad retired, he was bored. So he decided to "help" mom rearrange her kitchen. Needless to say, Mom (who never raised her voice) was not happy and we all knew it. Dad put everything back the way she wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently retired men can really upset the applecart, can't they? My mom, who was a stay-at-home mom for the most part, got a job when dad retired, so they mostly got along ok.

      Delete
  2. How nice to have company in your home,I am happy for you- Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful for the most part. But in a 2 bedroom apartment having 3 extra people living here has it's own issues. Nothing insurmountable, but . . . .

      Delete
  3. I have enough trouble finding things in my kitchen without any help from well meaning family LOL But it's nice to have them there for company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, and will be even nicer when we are all living in our new place. They will have incredible space, and I will have what will be just perfect for me.

      Delete
  4. I feel for you. I’m the same way and even won’t let people help me wash my dishes because I want them done “My way” 😁 my husband knows to stay out of my way in “My Kitchen” haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there and done that too. I remember just how silent it was when company left and how lonely it could be. Enjoy your company and when they leave you can put your kitchen back in order the way you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently Bruce is not a regular follower!

    ReplyDelete