Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Better than I Thought!

I just had a phone visit with my oncologist and it looks like I'm doing better than I thought.  I guess I'm not ready to "check out" just yet!  Sometimes how you feel depends on how you think you are doing, and I wasn't holding out much hope.  I'm going to do an "attitude adjustment" and see if I can get myself to a more positive outlook.  I have a lot to live for, but have to just keep my "eye on the prize"!

After so many days and weeks of extremely hot weather, it looks like we have a week in the 90's ahead.  That will feel a bit like a cool spell.   You  have to keep in mind that with so little humidity, the 90's can be tolerable!  But your skin dries up like a prune if you don't take good care of it.  I have always hated smearing oily and greasy lotions all over my skin since I was a teen, and I'm paying the price now for years of neglect!

 I just decided to take Rocky for a walk before it gets too hot.  I set the broom I was using against the wall, got Rocky ready, and picked up my hiking staff which was right next to the broom.  Of course you can tell what I did - I was out the door and halfway up the driveway before realizing I was carrying the broom instead of the hiking stick!   I often give myself plenty to laugh about.  Imagine someone seeing an old lady walking up the street holding her broom in one hand and her dog's leash in the other.  We had a nice walk and I need a short rest.  Rocky is already on the couch in his favorite spot.

I wish you all a good day today.

8 comments:

  1. Isn’t that what brooms are for?? Transportation for (old) ladies 😉😂😇 hope it’s powerful enough to take Rocky along! Enjoy the cooler weather. It’s cooler up here too, so glad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news from your oncologist is always a relief and can give us have a more positive attitude.

    Nice your weather is a little cooler. Ours is also cooler and a welcome respite before it kicks back up next Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only looked ahead 5 days and dread even checking the weather further up the road! I'm so sick of the heat.

      Delete
  3. Great news from the doc. Like to hear that. I had the same thought about the broom as Vera. Your ride home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be that easy to get a ride home!

      Delete
  4. Very good news from the Dr. That should give you a great lift. The broom sounds like something I would do haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I almost started walking with that broom in my hand! I'm sure glad I realized it before I actually got out to the street!

      Delete