Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 27, 2021

"Another "T.G.I.F." Day!

 Fridays used to be looked forward to, and weekends planned with fun things.  Those days are long gone for me - I just appreciate living each day at a time.

This wait until our move is getting to everyone, and it isn't easy for any of us.  As I mentioned, Donald is staying with his Mom and Jeannie with me, with the two girls switching every now and then.  With the current fire situation, I'm worried the air quality will be such that the construction workers won't be able to do much on our new house until the air clears up.

Speaking of the fire, it is further "up the hill" as they say, meaning up into the mountains and towards Lake Tahoe.  But we get a lot of air pollution from the blaze, even here in Sacramento.  I certainly think the firefighters are true heroes, and pray for their safety as well as their mental health.  Just looking at videos of the fire on the news brings me to tears over the devastation, and those who witness the destruction first hand won't ever be able to forget it.

For those who have never been in this part of the country, I can tell you that it is probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in all the world - nature at its finest.  Now we are seeing nature at its worst.  I always loved backpacking and hiking in the Appalachian Mtns in the eastern part of the U.S., and they are like an old friend.  The Sierra Nevada in the west are more dramatic and powerful in their beauty, but often foreboding as well.

I am ready to get back to the cancer treatments on September 3rd, and hope they can give me a couple years more of feeling well.   Then I will have to start the process all over again.  I wouldn't want it any other way though - the dr. mentioned there was an ingredient they could add to the cocktail they inject into my veins but that it had side effects.  I replied that I don't want anything with side effects, and I've never been sorry, so far.  The only thing I have is fatigue, and that's bad enough.  Fatigue with hair loss or constant upset stomach would be much worse!


1 comment: