Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Highs and Lows

Things just seem to swing wildly from one extreme to another.  I have tried to adjust my attitude to just go along for the ride and not care so much about the little things.  I'm taking Rocky for at least one walk a day, and might increase it to twice a day if everything goes ok.  There aren't many people out, although this morning I met another woman walking her dog - we were on opposite sides of a fence along the school property line, and I think we maintained a decent and safe distance.   I'm beyond worrying about it any more - I think I'd rather live my life right now than wait to die!

It is going to be a beautiful, gorgeous day!  The rest of the week will be in the 70's and sunny, so I'm hoping to see my tomato plants take off.  My son, Steve, sent me a photo of some tiny little shoots coming up in his garden.  They are such beautiful little miracles at that stage of growth.  I have a garden plot that needs tilling before I can use it.  I think I have a rototiller in my shed but can't get the shed door open!  I also don't think I could handle the tiller, so I sent out an S.O.S. to Donald and Steve.

I was totally surprised this morning when I checked my bank account online and found an extra $1200!  I really didn't think I'd get it because I'm a retired Civil Service employee, and I stayed under the old Civil Service Retirement.  I've always been glad I stayed with CSRS - they certainly tried their best to get everyone to switch over to the current system which is part Social Security.   I remember they were sending out thick, bound booklets just about every week to those who hadn't switched from Civil Svc retirement.  That eventually did it for me - I figured they weren't going to all that trouble and expense to benefit me!

Steve and I have been messaging back and forth for a while trying to figure out what I need for my garden (stakes, tomato cages, etc.).  He doesn't want me to go into the store, so I'm attempting to estimate what I need.  Darn it, I know if I could just look at the stock I would find something I didn't know I would need until seeing it in the store!

When I get all the garden stuff together and in place, I'll take a photo and include it in a future blog.  For now, take care and have a good day.

7 comments:

  1. I KNOW i agree with you totally... My son is the same way, does not want me going anywhere, i am going stir crazy, even tho i normally don't go to alot of places anyway, BUT i can if i want, right? and you don't know what you might need until u see it, right????
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely 100% right! I think our kids are getting back at us by trying to keep us at home!

      Delete
  2. It is a crazy world now:( We order our food online from walmart market and pick it up where the load it on the trunk and we leave without any human contact, strange but make sense now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have most of the things I need, including food, but I still find I want to go to a store to look at things. Will it ever get back to the way it used to be?

      Delete
  3. I'm sure happy your seeing things in a better light. We can do our best to stay safe but to give up everything just isn't going to work. I'm sure Rocky is delighted to be going for a walk.

    I agree we just don't always know what we want or need until we see it.
    I think I will have to modify my masks and add strings to tie them on the elastic hair bands are already all stretched out and they were new. Oh well another project to keep me amused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a supply of masks normally used for when you paint or work around the home. I'm using them and when they are gone I'll just get a couple of bandanas.

      Delete
    2. By the way, I just ordered a set of bandanas, I think a pack of 10. They are made in the USA, which I'm going to try and find for everything I buy from now on. They come in a variety of colors and I think they are 22" x 22". They will probably arrive early next week and I'll try to take a photo and include it in a future blog. A bandana looks so much better than a mask and that's what many people are wearing lately.

      Delete