Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 20, 2020

A Good Night's Sleep!

Rocky and I were falling asleep on the couch at 8:00 pm yesterday, so I decided to be more comfortable sleeping in my bed.  I woke up in the middle of the night, but eventually went back to sleep and didn't get up until 8:00 am this morning.  You would think I would be energized and raring to go, but about the only thing I did today was walk a mile on the treadmill, and take Rocky for a nice walk.  I've been using the treadmill just about every day, and notice my pains are shifting.  When I started walking my thighs really ached; now it's the calves of my legs that are feeling the exercise.  I hope it's true that "no pain, no gain", because according to that I will have immense gain!

It has been cool today and I'm dressed for it.  Right now I have my small Lasko heater aimed towards me and feel toasty warm.

Jeannie knows I love jigsaw puzzles and gave me one to work on - I used to do 1000 pc puzzles but am down to those with about 300 pieces now.  This one that I've been working on today has very small pieces which make it more difficult to see color variations, so I probably won't finish it.  But I'm going to order a couple of new ones with 300 large pieces.  It is so frustrating to notice my eyesight worsening by the week.  I am sure I need to have an eye exam and a new prescription for glasses, but of course not right now until the virus slows down.

I hope you are all social distancing and staying safe.  I am beginning to hate the phrase "social distancing"!  I just hope it works.

 

6 comments:

  1. Somebody said instead of “social distancing” it would be better to have coined “physical distancing” I think I like that better too. I have a hard time walking any longer, my knees hurt and I have metartasalgia, it really hurts my feet. I am one of the lucky people who are quite happy to Be by myself. After about 4 weeks I needed quite a few groceries, so I did that today. People were really friendly and tried to stay well apart.
    I do a lot of knitting, which passes the time. While doing that I often watch TV. Sorry about your deteriorating vision, old age does that. My vision on pretty good but my hearing is down to almost nothing at the moment even though I use hearing aids. Have a dr appointment to see what he can do.
    I hope you and Rocky enjoy your walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old age is really a bummer. My eyes and hearing are both impaired, and I won't even mention my memory!

      Delete
  2. You are right about the saying but once your body becomes used to the routine you need to push it slightly further. Once you experience no discomfort between workouts that will be your sign.
    You should use the Treadmill during bad weather only whether it's Raining, Snowing, too Windy or too Hot. Once this Coronavirus is resolved take more walks with Rocky. That will help him burn off the extra weight that he's probably gaining right now.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rocky sure is gaining weight. I will be so glad to go for walks outdoors without worrying about meeting someone, or catching something. One thing I like about the treadmill is that I have bars to hold on to, which I need as I set the speed to 3 mph. I love walking outdoors, but my failing eyesight and the deterioration of the streets in this neighborhood make it difficult. No sidewalks and streets in terrible condition! So I do feel safer on the treadmill.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear you are using your treadmill daily and are also able to squeeze in some walks with Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about the only exercise I get since I quit doing housework!

      Delete