Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Wasted Morning

Donald took me to an appointment that was on my calendar for 10 am, with the eye surgeon.  When I arrived they didn't have me down for an appointment but told me I could wait approx. 15 minutes and see a doctor.  I walked out an hour later without seeing anyone!  That's it for that medical group, and I don't intend to go back.  My sight is worsening since the surgery, which I don't blame on the surgery but just is a natural progression of my eye disease.

In a crowded waiting room I was amazed and amused at how nearly everyone held a phone in his/her hands.  Sometimes a phone would ring and a  loud voice would answer and carry on a conversation.  My, how times have changed.  To be fair I saw two people with books in their hands.

Sorry to bore anyone with my garden talk and photos, but I have 2 yellow squash and one zucchini each about 1-1/2" long.   I am so thrilled and can't wait to taste one.  I shared several tomatoes with Donald and the girls when they brought me home after the non-appointment this morning.  I know Arianna really loves the cherry tomatoes so I picked most of them for her, and left myself two.   Click photo to enlarge.  The yellow squash is in about the middle of the photo on the right.




 I've tried three times to include a picture of the zucchini that is growing, but am having difficulty downloading it from my phone to the computer.

Rocky goes into the crate very well when I have to leave him home.  I put a treat or two inside to lure him him and then close and lock the door.  He doesn't whine but just accepts it - something he has never done until just recently.  When he hears me coming back he barks frantically and pees in the crate!  I can deal with that.

6 comments:

  1. You never bore me and I doubt anyone else. Keep those posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind remarks. I have been about ready to throw in the towel.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited about your garden. I love when you post about it and show pictures. Your yellow squash looks very healthy can't wait to see how big it gets

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't believe how anxious and excited I am. I'm also planning my fall garden - probably in early August, and I'm going to try to grow a lot more variety. I'm glad I didn't start out with a lot of different plants though, as I've learned a lot with just the tomatoes and squash. I've taken several photos lately that I can get off the darn phone and into my email. I'm thinking about putting some new batteries into my camera and using that from now on. The pictures taken by phones are never as good in my estimation, but I guess it's for convenience because almost everyone has their phone with them at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back when I was living and working in Houston I had the same thing happen to me. I took off work to take my mother to the doctor (she was staying with me) and when we got there they did not have her down for an appointment. Ever since then I make sure I call the day before (if they do not call me) or that same day to confirm the appointment in particular if it is out-of-town.

    I love hearing about Rocky and your garden. Nice that he is more accepting of being crated when you are not home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was beginning to get tired of this doctor visit anyway. They did my last eye surgery and probably took care of removing a little "bump" from my eyeball, but my sight is worse. I don't intend to have any more surgery so I can't see sitting in that office and being put in one room after another to be looked at. I'm not going back.

      Rocky is so good for the most part, but still unpredictable at times.

      Delete