Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

My garden in the morning

I took some photos this morning.  The sun was behind me and I apologize for any shadows.

I took photos of my tomato plants, yellow squash, and zucchini.  I am terribly impatient to see some fruit on the latter two, and for the tomatos to turn red.  I'm hoping to get the rest of the plots rototilled and want to start a fall garden next month.  Click on photos to enlarge them.

Tomatos, a row of yellow squash, and a row of zuchinni:


 Squash:




And the zuchinni:



I realize that every time I  type the word "zuchinni" I spell it differently.  I really should look it up :-)

I planted a few other types of seeds but this is what came up, which is why I'd like to start a fall garden next month while hopefully harvesting the tomatos and squash.  Other rows in the garden contain plants I removed from the main row while thinning them; some of them transplanted well are are growing quickly, whereas others look puny. 

I hope I don't bore you too much with my garden and my dog, but those are the two things that bring me joy.  At least the dog brings me joy when he isn't invading my garden.  I've tried spreading some eggshells and coffee grounds around a couple of plants to see how it affects them, and I catch Rocky  eating the shells and the coffee grounds!

All of my adult life I've loved having house plants, but couldn't really deal with them when I lived and traveled in an RV,  I bought two plants as I mentioned in a previous post, and have been wanting to get a few more.  I think to avoid the hot California sun, many buildings are placed so as to not get the full sun shining in most of the doors and windows - at least my mobile home was placed that way, and I notice my new place doesn't get a big blast of sunlight.  Maybe the experienced gardeners out there could tell me if it's hopeless to nurture plants that need "full sun", or if they will grow in a well lit room but with no direct rays of sunlight.

I'm having a lazy morning - at 10am I'm still in pj's!  There is so much I should be doing, but it will wait.

I've rambled on long enough so I will wish you all a good day wherever you are.  See you again soon.  

11 comments:

  1. If you really want to have indoor plants, though the room doesn't get natural sunlight, you might shop for what's called gro-lights, they have the right spectrum of color to imitate real light, I had some and my house plants thrived. - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me of the gro lights. I looked them up on youtube a while back but must have forgotten about them. I will definitely look into them again.

      Delete
  2. Your garden vegetables are bigger than I imagined. Good job!

    It is so funny that you mention "zucchini" as I am watching the news and the bottom ticker mentioned it so I copied the spelling for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should write down the correct spelling. Thank you for looking it up for me. Yes, the garden plants are growing pretty well but I'm anxious to see the beginnings of fruit growing on them.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely garden!!!! Garden and dog sounds good to me, that is all i do too...and seem content to just be.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love to just sit and look at it, and hope the results are as good as the planting and growing.

      Delete
  4. The tomatoes are going to be nice and big by time they ripen, I can't remember if the others like the squash came out a little later but they look good and healthy. It has been many years since I had a garden. We used the grey water from the washing machine and the plants really thrived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea although I don't know how I would get the water out of the washing machine. I guess I could scoop it out with a pan just before it drains. It think the tomatoes will be excellent once they start to ripen. Next year I'm going to devote an entire square plot to tomatoes, and one to squash/zuchinni. I'll have to dig up the remaining two squares for planting other veggies. I'm so enthusiastic about it I sure hope I get some good results.

      Delete
  5. Ah, Gypsy. All growth requires time for the process...and our patience. Your plants will bear when it's time. Then, Viola,Yummy yum yum. So good you are having this gardening experience...wish I was still able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first thing I do every morning is to let the dog out, and I follow him outside to check my garden. This morning I saw that one of my squash plants has a bright yellow flower, so I should be seeing the first squash very soon. I also found that looking closely, I can just about see where a lot more of them are ready to pop out! And the tomatoes are starting to turn red. So it will be difficult to control my patience from now on, but finally seeing the fruits of my labors is rewarding!

      Delete
  6. Gypsy, I see you are being broadsided by scammers and crooks again. bash 'em!

    ReplyDelete