Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Back to the Gym

I always enjoyed working out at the gym, even though it's been a while since I exercised very strenuously.  After a break without membership, Jeannie and I went to sign up again, at the Planet Fitness closer to this neighborhood.  It looks like a beautiful place, although I sort of miss the layout of our old one.  This evening we are going to go work out for a while and I am so looking forward to it.  I'm hoping that getting out and moving more will enhance my mood, my attitude, and my life.

What a delight the first squash from my garden turned out to be!  I did a stir fry, using a pork chop I had thawed, cutting it into small cubes; added a taste of just about every vegetable I could find in my fridge, and then added the squash last so it would be hot but not overcooked and soggy.  Seasoned salt over the whole thing, and I was set.  I ate every bite of it, to my surprise.

It looks like our extremely hot weather is going to last for the rest of July, and probably through August as well.   Rocky and I don't like to go outdoors except for early in the morning and after the sun starts descending.  When I take him outside during the day he beats me back into the house!  Smart boy.

So not much else is happening with me, but I am looking forward to going to the gym later on.  Hope you are all staying cool and comfortable, and dry if you happen to be where there is wet weather!

6 comments:

  1. I bet going to the gym will make you feel better and at least get you out of the house.

    Think of all the tasty dishes you will be able to prepare with your future crops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved being back at the gym, but when I got home I found that Rocky had destroyed the crate. I think with the weather being so hot he stayes in most of the day (his choice) and isnn't getting enough stimulation. I'd like to kill him right now!

      Delete
  2. Your stir fry sounds wonderful.

    Going back to the gym sounds like a great way to get out. They opened a new Planet Fitness near me and I was thinking about joining or going back to the Senior Exercise classes. Sounds like you enjoyed it until you got home and Rocky wrecked his crate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believc what he did! Since I have the new recliner in the corner of the living room where his crate was, I put the crate into the back spare room. it's a large room where the garage once was until they converted it to a bedroom. Even though it's a large room he may have been feeling claustrophobic in it as I never had that problem when the crate was in the living room. I think I can buy a replacement tray that serves as the floor of the crate.

      Noq that I'm getting out of the house several times a week I don't intend to stop because of the dog. I'll figure something, I hope.

      Delete
    2. Hes still a young lad and he may have paniced (is that a word) in a strange room. Hes been so good but he will still rebel sometimes. But it is frustrating.

      Delete
    3. It makes sense that he didn't feel comfortable with the move. I'm still mad at him though!

      Delete