Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Today will be a good one

I can feel it in my bones!  I'm waiting for delivery of a pedometer, and in the hopes I can set it up easily, I will begin walking in earnest!  It looks like we will have a cloudy day with rain, but I hope it's only off and on and that I can walk with Rocky.  Yesterday was stormy all day long, and a terrific wind rose about the time we went to bed.  It all looks calm now.

I will have to say I should have thrown that purse in the washing machine long before now.  It looks like new!   The sofa is another matter, but I'm working on getting up that slimy gel and it's a little better so I'll keep at it.

Donald took me to order my glasses yesterday and I was glad I didn't have to walk.  He took photos of the various styles I tried on and sent them to Jeannie, who decided which ones suited me the best.  I just went with her opinion because I can't see well enough to have any judgment on something like that, plus it doesn't really matter to me what I look like as long as my vision is  a little better. While I would never get an iPhone or equivalent, they sure can be convenient.  I'm so grateful to Donald as I wouldn't have walked in all that rain - at least until I get some new shoes to replace the ones with the hole in the toe.  I've ordered some shoes online that seems to be what I need - wide toe box and narrow heel.  I remain ever hopeful they will fit like a glove and be comfortable as well.  As the old saying goes, "Hope springs eternal", and as long as I still have hope for anything I'll be ok.

At one time I took a couple of evening classes in Spanish and loved it.  The class stressed more conversational Spanish with less emphasis on grammar - verb conjugation, etc.  I'm thinking about re-learning everything I've forgotten in the meantime, but since there are no schools near enough to check on evening class offerings, I will try to find some other way.  I have been listening to the radio and found a station that plays ranchera music that I like, and I think I would like to understand the words.  I still remember a lot, but not enough to carry on a conversation 

I also took classes in German before my first trip to Germany.  My son is planning to travel to Germany for about a week in  the next few months, and I know I won't get him to go to a class but I'm going to try to find a website where he can learn a few phrases for travelers.  I told him nearly all Germans speak better English than we speak German, but it's polite for us to try anyway, and they will usually switch to English right away.   I think he's ignoring me, but I'll catch him one of these days.  He works nights at the hospital so he might just be working hard and not avoiding me!

I think I'll fix a nice breakfast this morning, and then I'll be ready to begin my day.  Hope your day goes smoothly as well.

 

9 comments:

  1. Waking up and feeling its gonna be a great day is so wonderful. I love those kind of days. Our beagle loved to chew on wood when she was a pup. Ate 1/3 of our bathroom and destroyed my wooden rocking chair. The Joy's of puppyhood. Glad your purse was saved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lab, Smo,y, chewed my kitchen cabinets when I was at work! This one doesn't seem to be attracted to wood exclusively, but chews everything! I put some electrical tape over the hole in my shoe before walking him this morning and hope it holds up until my new shoes are delivered, and that they fit well and comfortably. Oh, I think one of my kids has my old rocking chair that has the front rungs chewed to bits.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Gypsy. In fall of 2017 daughter & I had a wonderful time visiting San Francisco. On a tour bus we met a couple from Norway. We had just begun to really talk as the tour ended. I gave Keth my email address. She writes to me, tells me about life where she is. (They are in the 'dark time' now!). Her English is not great. My Norwegian is zero. For fun, I found a site to help me learn some Norwegian. I use an app on my iPad, but just googled. And
    Found that it is available free online, too. Duolingo.com. You can choose the language, and it is formatted like a game. You might like to play with it in Spanish. Many languages are available.
    Good luck with the shoes. And hope your day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that link, and I will take a look at the Spanish site. How nice that you are keeping up with the woman you met while visiting San Francisco. I have always loved and cherished meeting folks from other countries. For all our outward differences we really are so much the same,

      Delete
    2. Here is another web site for learning languages. duolingo.com

      Delete
    3. Thank you. I visited that site a little while ago and completed the first lesson!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had such a wonderful day and your glasses help you see a little better. I could never order shoes online my feet are awful I buy boys shoes and they fit me perfect lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this will be my first time ordering shoes online, but I'm desperate. They will be delivered today, I hope.

      Delete
  4. Donald is a keeper he is such a wonderful son-in-law!

    Had never looked into online language classes sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete