Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

All's Well That Ends Well!

My visit with the oncologist turned out very well yesterday afternoon.  She is recommending I get B-12 shots monthly, and Jeannie is going to do the jabbing.  Being diabetic, she knows her way around a needle!  Actually, she is going to be getting a new insulin pump that will continuously monitor and administer the proper dose, and any improvement in dealing with diabetes is welcome.  Especially not having to jab oneself for every insulin dose.

I spent yesterday in a terrible state thinking that I might be developing cancer in a different place.  It was because the dr. at the emergency center I went to last week made a big deal about a couple of the blood test numbers, but I'm assured everything seems to be fine so I will relax and try to get back to being optimistic for 2019!  I'm waiting for Joe to take me to the med center this morning for a fasting blood test to see how my cholesterol is doing.  I truly think this is the worst part of getting old - always being asked to get this or that test, and having to see this or that doctor. If I told them how I actually feel and what isn't working up to speed but I'm not going to do anything about it, they would be surprised.  I'll let the little things go for now. 

I just made the bed and noticed a fairly large hole in the top sheet - looks like someone just chewed a big hole, and it isn't on MY side of the bed!

 Sorry I don't have interesting things to write about but for now this is how my life is.  I'll be back when I have something better to say.  Have a good day!

13 comments:

  1. Good news from an oncologist is definitely worth writing about. It's amazing the difference those B-12 shots made in how I felt. But it took a few months to get my system built up. And you're right - at this age it seems all we do is doctor appointments and tests. Hoping for more good results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they work and that I notice a difference soon. I was taking them a while back and quit for some reason, but I never did feel that much better. Maybe now I will have a much more positive and hopeful attitude that will help them help me!

      Delete
  2. I am sure you will feel so much better with monthly B12 shots, I had to give them to my mum for years, but they sure made a difference in her energy level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so. I'm so tired of feeling tired and unambitious! I'm going to think and hope for the best with these shots.

      Delete
  3. I have been taking a Vitamin B-12 tablet every day for a couple of years. Might be "all in my head" but I think I do have more energy. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take the tablets once in a while but usually forget. I think the shots may be more concentrated. And if something makes you feel better but is "all in your head", then I think it works just fine. That's really what counts is that you feel better and have more energy. I hope I get some energy soon!

      Delete
  4. The injection should work. My Mom used to get them and she always felt better. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I sure hope I do. I need all the energy and wellness I can muster to keep up with Rocky!

      Delete
  5. You had some good news today so that surely is worth telling. I hope the shots work I know they take awhile to build you so just keep positive about it.

    I dont blog to much anymore because I really don't have much going on ether but might just do a post tonight maybe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I quit driving I don't get out and about, and really don't have much to blog about these days.

      Delete
  6. My pup chewed a hole in my electric blanket including one of the wires. Luckily it is dual control and the hole is on her side. My side is still toasty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's funny. I guess other dogs get into the same mischief as mine does - you never know what is going to happen next. Keeps me hopping!

    ReplyDelete