Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Making Headway

I feel like I take two medium steps forward, and then a large step back with Rocky, but I believe I gain a little each time.  He's really a beautiful and sweet animal, but the chewing and excessive pulling when he sees a person or another dog just wears me out.  I'll live through it because mostly he's the most delightful dog and exactly what I need in my life now.

Jeannie took me to Costco yesterday and then came back here for the afternoon and helped me get rid of some junk in a large cabinet - some of it I told her I would look away while she did what she had to do with it, and I stressed that I am sentimental about anything given to me by my kids and especially the grandkids, and rarely throw any of it out!   One of these days I'll let her at it.

I had ordered a pair of Skechers shoes which weren't narrow enough in the heel so I had to take them back.  She's coming back today and will bring me an extra pr of athletic (New Balance) shoes that I hope fit and feel good on me.  I'm getting a little embarrassed as the hole in the toe of my shoe seems to grow larger.  I'm also determined to get my hair cut today.

I bought a new watch and really like the size of the dial - very easy to read - in fact it's a Timex Easy Reader.  The band is a little bit larger (wider) than I care for and is a pink/coral color which I'm not crazy about. But at least when I look at my wrist I can tell the time.

As you can tell my life is the same as usual - the dog takes up a lot of my time, and I really love it when I can get out for any reason, preferably leaving him at home!  When I get excited about going to Costco, or getting a haircut, you know I'm in a rut!

Have a good week ahead - hard to believe we're nearly in mid-January!  Soon they will be messing with the clocks again and what a nuisance that is. 

4 comments:

  1. I always try to make the best out of any circumstance. Life is too short to fuss over things that don't really count and the older we get the faster life goes by, almost leaving us in the dust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm really trying to just roll with the punches.

      Delete
  2. I can't remember if I mentioned this in an earlier comment but it's something I do if my dog is pulling too much. You just put the leash between his front and back legs (lengthwise) so the leash comes up between the back legs by his tail. This stops the dog from pulling because it is uncomfortable for them if they pull when the leash is coming up by their tail. Something to try anyway.

    I think Rocky is a great dog and most of this is just normal puppy stuff that every owner goes through You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to laugh because sometimes he gets all tangled up and ends up with the leash between right and left legs! I might try this suggestion, but yes, he is normal and I try to keep it in mind, but on the other hand he is so strong I can barely hold on to him if he wants to greet another person or pet.

      Delete