Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 7, 2019

High Winds and Power Lines

There is a power line on the other side of my back fence that was blown askew by the high winds last night.  I'm not sure what the forecast is for tonight, but I just talked to a rep who came out from the power company and she said they are probably going to send out a crew to work overnight on it - she warned it might be noisy.  I can bed down in the living room if I have to as my bedroom is in the very back of the house and not far from the fence.  I doubt I could escape the noise if they work on it overnight, but I won't complain.  I dont want anything to happen to my puppy!

Jeannie and I crated Rocky up yesterday afternoon and left for a shopping trip which I enjoyed so much.  We brought wine, brie cheese and crackers back and had a great time talking for a while.  I'm starting to get more enthused about moving, and plan to get out with Rocky and hopefully meet other dog walkers in the area.  Also, he will have a very large backyard to play in, although it is fairly steep and I hope I don't have to go down and back very many times a day.  I think the exercise is doing me good - all the walking has to be good for me if I can ever get some decent shoes.  He's chewed just about everything I own, and my big toe sticks out of a hole in one of my athletic shoes.  I should be embarassed to wear them but I'm not.

Donald and the girls (who don't start back to school until tomorrow) took me to my opthamologist this morning, so it was into the crate again for Rocky.  I should have started this a while back but here I am and I'll just start it now.  I am seeing the oncologist tomorrow afternoon, so he will be crated for 3 days in a row.  I should just manage to crate him if only for a few minutes a day until he stops barking when I close the door.

Andrew was back this morning after the week of New Years' absence, and Rocky was ecstatic.  I have been so happy to have his help with the training and have gleaned a lot of good ideas from him.

Don't ask me why, but after giving away a lot of my high quality (and expensive) camping gear to my kids, I bought myself a lower cost sleeping bag and pad last week.  I still have my 4-man cabin tent and maybe the 2-man backpacking tent, and I would like to go camping with the kids this spring or summer if we can arrange a weekend.  It seems that all of the sudden I want to jump back into life and do some of the activities I always enjoyed in the past.  I sure wish I could drive across country with my dog again, but that isn't going to happen.  I hear the call of the road now and then but can't seem to respond back! 

Well, wish me luck with the fixing of the power line.  The rep assured me that there are so many lines on the pole that even if it fell, the many lines would keep it from falling flat.  It sounds reasonable, and I just hope it's so.  I'm not going to worry much though, in line with my new year's resolution to stay positive and happy!  So far it has been working and I can't believe how much good an attitude adjustment can do!  

ADDED LATER:
I almost forgot to mention that I must have had my pill bottles in my purse and found two of the tablets  in the bottom of the purse.  In retrospect I don't think Rocky swallowed any of them at all.  He never showed even the slightest sign of having ingested something he shouldn't, but I will definitely be more careful in the future.  He's growing longer from head to tail, which means he can easily reach the entire kitchen countertop all the way to the back, so I have to keep things cleared that would be bad for him.

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the camping, I want to go so bad too. The weather has been so crazy cold this winter so I don't know what to do I keep buying new things and their they sit in the shed. If my breathing problem keeps getting worse the mountains are not going to happen at all for the summer. Going to figure out something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What problems do you have with breathing? Do you have to use an inhaler? I don't think I could do much climbing, but then again it would be a matter of pacing myself. It's the rocks that trip me up! I really want to do something though as I've always loved being out in nature. Good luck to both of us this coming year.

      Delete
    2. I have COPD and so far the inhaler is working for the most part. Yes good luck to us

      Delete
  2. Glad things are looking up for you and Rocky. It is almost like raising young children, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You absolutely said it! After 4 kids, I'm back to raising a very stubborn but sweet child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You outline how young dogs are and their behavior or lack thereof...He will out grow all the problems and end up being your very good friend who is always there for you. I was in the shelter last week and almost all the dogs were 2 years or younger which people can't handle. You sound like you are doing fine but being tested in everything. It is sad to me that people give up on dogs so soon because the dogs never give up on them... Stick with it....congratulations to you for your efforts....been there, done that too, but perseverance always wins in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your understanding. It is difficult especially when the dog is strong minded as Rocky is, but he's worth whatever it takes and I know I have an incredible friendship/partnership that is being developed. I often wonder how I can survive this stage, but somehow I will.

      Delete