Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Better by the day!

Rocky gets better by the day although he is still a puppy and will be for a long time.  Every day he does things that show me he listens - but he's not ready to be perfect just yet and enjoys his puppy spirit.  I can wait (I think).

The rains have started and will probably last the better part of next week.  I took Rocky over to the dog park early this morning to let him get rid of some energy, and then we took a nice walk.  If the rains continue they will lock up the dog park for a few days as the grass gets really torn up even without the rain.

I've been making my lists of things to do and to get for my probable move this spring.  I decided if I'm going to do it, I'm going to be positive and do it with a smile!  I actually have a lot to smile about but only if I quit watching and listening to the news on the political scene.  What a depressing mess! 

Yesterday I spent some time making chicken vegetable soup, and have enough to freeze several portions of it.  So good!  I don't cook often these days but really find it satisfying when I do.  Now I don't worry about what I'll have for dinner tonight!

I wish everyone a good weekend and send positive thoughts to you all.

8 comments:

  1. I can enjoy that soup fragrance all the way to here in Rockport Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you inspired me when you mentioned that you had made soup.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I'm not a currently employed Federal employee. My heart goes out to them in this total disaster that is our country. But Rocky brings us joy with his progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I have been in several shutdowns but I don't think any of them lasted even a week, and I never missed a paycheck. It seems to be a game this time and trying to hurt people. iI love it that TSA employees are calling in sick rather than work for no pay! I'm trying to ignore all the news now as it just keeps me upset and I'd rather smile and be happy for Rocky.

      Delete
  3. When are you going to post some recent pictures of Rocky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten lazy about posting, much less pictures. The problem with taking a decent photo of Rocky is that he is all black and it's hard for me to get his features in focus. I'm thinking about taking him to a photographer at Penny's and having a photo or two taken of him, and maybe one of me with him. In the meantime I'll take a look at some of the latest efforts to get that little scamp's picture. I look at him often and marvel at how beautiful he is and I hope a professional photographer could capture some of it. His personality along with his looks are just dynamite!

      Delete
  4. I like hearing about the progress Rocky is making and how happy it makes you. Yes he will be a puppy for awhile yet but at least you are seeing progress.

    It started raining here about an hour ago and it will be in the mid 50's tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to be a much more loving dog lately, with a definite stubborn streak. I think we're doing fine and things can only get better. We're having your weather for the next week, and so far the rain is refreshing although I'll get tired of it eventually.

      Delete