Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Waiting -

I have been waiting for the results of one more blood test but it looks like it will take several more days.  The urgent care center had recommended that I see an orthopedic doctor and called me just now to see if I had done so.  I told her I was in NY, all the way across the country from home, and that I didn't intend to see a battery of doctors here and then leave in a couple of weeks.  I asked about the remaining test and she told me it was indeed related to Lyme Disease, so darn it!  I'm not out of the woods yet.

Since I've been here there has been a super crossword puzzle in progress on the dining room table.  I haven't kept count of how many we've finished, but it seems there were several different ones.  My d-i-l Sandy, and grandson Joshua, are both avid puzzle workers.  Her birthday is at the end of this month; I was looking for a gift for her and found a 3000 piece puzzle online - a beautiful picture of NYC - and ordered it!  We've been working 2000 pc. puzzles and an even larger one will be a great challenge!   I think when I get back home I might work some of the older ones I have, as well as maybe buy some new ones.  I will get the ones that are around 300 pcs however, as my 1000+ puzzle days are over!

I've been  having problems lately with my Apple computer (2012 model).  I need a new battery as well as a new charger, but I'm wondering if I should go back to a Windows based computer.  Apple is not getting great reviews, especially now that Steve Jobs is gone.  The phones and computers are problematic, and a Windows based computer would not be as expensive as replacing it with an Apple.  I wonder how hard it would be to go back to Windows - I remember it as being nothing but problems before I switched brands back in about 2009.   Does anyone out there have any experience going from Apple to Windows?  Or do you have a lot of problems with either system?  I think if they didn't update them so fast there wouldn't be as many problems.  As a retired person who surfs the internet and uses email plus a few other programs, I don't need the incredible power and speed they keep coming up with.  I just want a machine that is reliable and will do the simple things I want it to do.   I'm probably asking too much.  

I'm going with Sandy this afternoon to visit their chiropractor, and hope he can help me with the pain I'm having.  I want to be able to comfortably walk around Boston when we go there.

6 comments:

  1. An iPad might fill the bill for you for limited computer-type usage.

    https://www.apple.com/ipad-9.7/

    There are controls that help with physical access limitations.

    You can compare the various models here:

    https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/#ipad-pro-10-5,ipad


    "The most powerful technology is technology that everyone can use. That’s why iPad comes with many assistive features for vision, hearing, motor skills, learning, and literacy. You can talk to Siri just by typing. Customize display colors to aid visibility. Or have the content on the screen read aloud to you.
    Learn more about accessibility on iPad."

    I use my iPad with a detachable keyboard a lot of the time. Most of my photographs are now taken with the iPad. There is one really good camera app that I like to use, but the standard Apple one is also very good.


    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used an iPad but have seen my grandson with his before they got him the MacBook Pro he currently uses. I don't remember ever seriously looking into one, but might check them out if and when I go to buy a new battery & charger.

      Delete
  2. I use regular windows computer and my son and his wife use Apple stuff and we all have plenty of troubles to go around with each system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about what I've been thinking. It might just be the easiest to upgrade my current MacBook Pro with a new battery and charger. I'm familiar with it and would prefer to not have to go through a learning curve again.

      Delete
  3. Oopsy... had a good reply and went to the right instead of publish. In essence. Stay with what feels the most familiar. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Battery and charger are inexpensive for windows machines, maybe for Mac too.

    ReplyDelete