Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A great weekend

It's been so good for me to be around people most of the time, and I get some alone time when the family is at work and school.  Ara has been here for several days and I've loved every minute of it.  She just left to drive back to Pennsylvania, but will come back next weekend for a few more days.   She looks wonderful after finally getting medical treatment for what ailed her.   It seems like all the females in the family have one thyroid issue or another.

The weather here is spectacular - very warm once in a while but mostly in the 70's or low 80's.  My kind of weather.

I heard from Jeannie that the California kids are getting excited about this coming weekend.    For the past couple of Father's Day weekends, the dads go camping and take the kids with them.  I think that is a sweet and fitting gesture for the fathers, and of course the kids all love it.  For the first time in my entire life I think I don't want to go camping any more.  I still get excited looking at tents though - last weekend Mike took Joshua on a Boy Scout camping weekend, and I helped them set up their tents to dry them out.  Just looking at tents gets my adrenaline going, but I know very well I won't do it any more.

I hope all the fathers out there will have a special weekend coming up.  A good father is a  treasure!  Not many days go by that I don't think of my dad, and what a great dad he was.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This is such a beautiful part of the country and I'm so glad to be away from the Sacramento heat right now.

      Delete