Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, June 29, 2018

Day #1 in Boston (CORRECTION)

We arrived in Boston this morning to pick up Joshua, who had been attending a week of S.T.E.M. training at Clemson College  CORRECTION:  BABSON COLLEGE!  (Clemson is in Carolina).  We're staying here for two days, and I've just spent the first day walking about 6 miles around Boston.  I think we will walk the "Freedom Trail" tomorrow.  Since I'm still having some aches and pains in my ankle and leg, I'd say I did pretty well today.  Hope I can get back out and walk tomorrow.

I have always loved this city the few times I've been here, and this is no exception.  It is simply a beautiful city.  I took some photos from my hotel room this morning, but didn't snap any while we were out.  Hopefully I'll remember to take some tomorrow.  It's very crowded, no doubt because the tourists are here during the summer months and no doubt many of them are here for the fourth of July.

I have loved being here with family, but I have to give special praise to my daughter-in-law Sandy.  She is so aware of my failing eyesight plus the trouble with my ankle, and she is always helping me in so many ways - especially to caution me when there is a curb or a step I need to watch out for, and other situations where I need help.  She gives me a hand in a way that it's perfectly natural and I don't feel like the dumbest or most helpless person in the world, which I probably am.

These photos were taken this morning from my hotel room.  Click on a photo to enlarge.





This is Boston on a slant!

 While I'm at it I want to post a photo I took about a week ago in New York.  These are the strangest skies I've ever seen, and they certainly aren't natural.   It looks like the pilot of the plane making them was having fun blowing smoke rings!  It was taken at the Clearwater's Music and Environmental Festival that Ara and I went to about 2 weeks ago.


I'm going to stop now but will try to post more tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I was in Boston many many years ago for the IRS so didn't get to do much sight seeing. Would love to be able to explore it but I'll enjoy your pictures instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent two weeks here about 27 years ago for the Corps of Engineers. I was here with a team of 5 people so we did a bit of sightseeing on the weekend and evenings. We stayed at a hotel in Lexington (I think) and drove into Boston on the work days. It is so much more commercial now - I don't remember Quincy Market being so full of shops, restaurants, and just touristy stuff. I still love it here though.

      Delete
  2. Took my daughter and granddaughter to Boston for granddaughter's high school graduation. Though I had been there several times, it was their first time and we had a super time. Enjoy this time with your family, it's always the best of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful place and easy to walk in for some reason.

      Delete
  3. I have not been to Boston in 15 years. Was there for business, so I did not see that much on that trip. I enjoy the historic parts of the city the most. In general, I prefer to avoid large cities these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally avoid cities and crowd like the plague, but somehow I'm loving it here in Boston. It's outrageously expensive though. I'll enjoy my solitude when I get home, but for now I'm happy.

      Delete