Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas Day

Getting together with family is always the best part of Christmas Day, and yesterday was no exception.  The noise level hit the high mark especially during the gift opening by the kids.  In the Secret Santa exchange, I got a Nook (B&N's version of Kindle) which I have been wanting for a long time.  Now I will need to take it to Barnes & Noble to have the saleswoman in charge of that department explain it all to me and load some books for me.    I'm really excited about getting it.

My New York family is giving me a first class train ticket to come and visit them.  It will be difficult to wait but I don't think travel through the northern midwest is a good idea at this time, so I'll probably go sometime in Spring.  I love the train and it is so much more comfortable (and civil) than any plane trip I've taken in the past few years.  

I was the first to leave the party and had no problem driving home in the dark.  There was more traffic on the road than I thought there would be, but I had no problems and it was nice to just sit down and relax in the peace and quiet.

Today I'm taking Jeannie & family to a Thai restaurant that we love.   After the holidays I will be going on a strict financial diet and quit carrying my credit & debit cards with me.  I was doing so well until the Christmas season.  Also, I've been turning up the gas furnace in the mornings to take the chill off - and the bill for that is going to knock me off my feet!

I hope everyone out there enjoyed the past weekend as much as I did.  I always dread it, but delight in it when Dec. 25th rolls around.

4 comments:

  1. You can get free library e-books for your Nook, too. The library will be of more help to you than the store for those. Enjoy your Nook. I really like reading e-books on my Samsung tablet.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will really enjoy the Nook, plus I think I can adjust the print size to suit my aging eyesight.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I did. And I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas, and I wish you the best for the coming year.

      Delete