Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Best day yet!

I haven't felt this good in a long time, although I sort of crapped out in the afternoon.   I managed several errands this morning followed by a walk at the gym.  I walked yesterday and had some irritating leg cramps in the early morning.  I just now reached in the fridge and pulled out a bottle of beer, then put it back.  If I'm going to get leg cramps from walking the beer would only make them worse.  I stretch out after any kind of exercise, but I guess at my age I can't avoid some pain.  As they say, "no pain, no gain".

Whether it's the thyroid meds I'm taking or something else, my appetite has grown by leaps and bounds.  I seem to be always hungry.   My weight is about 123 now, so I wouldn't mind up to another 7 pounds, maybe even more than that.

The weather has been chilly, but when I get in the sun it feels quite warm.

The Sacramento County Animal Shelter has a lot more dogs than usual, so I decided to look and see what they had.  The first two were German Shepherds - the most attractive being the male but he weighed in the 80#+ range.  The female was in the 60's and looked like she was more of a mix.  Page after page were lists and photos of pit bulls.  Most of them looked extremely sweet, but with all the old people in my neighborhood, especially those with very small yappy dogs, I wouldn't want to think of the complaints I'd get.  There was a dachshund or two but nothing I was truly interested in.  I go through this about 2 or 3 times a year when I wish I had a doggie friend.  Fortunately I snap back to my senses pretty quickly.  I think a 45-pounder would be as small as I'd want to go, but I just don't need an animal to care for.  If I lived in a house with a fenced yard, then I would definitely want a dog.

One of my nieces recently moved from NYC to Los Angeles.  I have no idea where in L.A. she is, but those fires look frightening.   She is originally from Sacramento, so she's a California girl at heart.  I think I wouldn't mind New York State at all, but not the City.  Actually it's probably too cold for me anywhere in NY now.  I've been away from the East for too long and I think their winters are going to be worse for a few years. 

I've rambled on for long enough now, so I will go sit in my easy chair and put my feet up, and take my glass of water along with me although I wish it was a beer!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better.

    I have been watching the fires in California and my heart goes out to all those poor people who have lost everything they own. Mother nature has not been kind to us this 2017 :-(

    At least you have a beer in the refrigerator. I wanted to buy a six pack earlier this week to sip as I watched my Spurs but mother was with me and I am sure she would have had something to say about that. It's amazing how a mother's opinion even when one is over a "certain age" still carries a lot of weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some studies have shown that a moderate amount of alcohol can be good for you.

      Somehow I don't think the current fire nor the one north of San Francisco earlier this year (in and around the Napa Valley) were just from natural causes.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling better. That's always a good thing. Those fires are just so very sad. All those people who have lost their homes. New York is way too cold for me. Any place up north is. I haven't tried that recipe yet because I came down with a miserable cold. But I have all the ingredients so I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have this in your grocery store? I added chicken. It is so good and all you add is water. https://www.amazon.com/Bear-Creek-Country-Kitchen-Chicken/dp/B00HUAIDZC/ref=sr_1_9_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1512743259&sr=8-9&keywords=soup+mix+bear+creek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess that didn't work too well. It's a pouch, Bear Creek Chicken Noodle Soup.

      Delete
    2. I've heard of the brand, but usually make my own soups. Costco has a very good deal on prepared soups, and they are nice to have on hand when I'm in a hurry or don't know what to have for lunch especially in this cold weather.

      Delete
  4. Does your community require proof of rental insurance coverage ? If so, you might want to check the blacklist of uninsurable dog breeds. Many insurance companies refuse or cancel policies for owners of certain breeds. Pit bulls are #1 on the list and surprisingly German Shepards are #6. Before you fall in love with a dog - better check with your agent and if necessary switch companies. Of course, if you don't need renters insurance this is a moot point. Glad you are feeling better and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have homeowners insurance, but I'm sure the rules of the mobile home park wouldn't allow pit bulls. But I wouldn't get one anyway. Thank you, and I am feeling much better these days.

      Delete