Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 28, 2016

A "letdown" day!

After the activity of yesterday, today was a much needed letdown, although I think I prefer a little more activity.  The gym and the grocery were my only diversions.  I bought some zucchini - 2 green and 1 yellow - and can't figure out how to place them so I just gave up for now.  I took some photos which capture the shadows and highlights very clearly, and will get them printed at Costco the next time I am there.  The person who works in Photos probably thinks I'm nuts!

I bought bread this morning so I could have a meatloaf sandwich.  The meatloaf is excellent no matter how you eat it, hot or cold, etc.  I bought chicken to cut up in smaller cutlets and will either fry them or bake them in the oven.  The oven sounds a lot less messy.

It was raining when I went out but has stopped for a while, and it looks like the sun might shine tomorrow.  Autumn has a soccer game at 10am, and I think I'm going to try to go.  I will drive to their house and either follow Donald over to the field, or ride with them.  I think I know where the field is but would probably drive a longer way around from their house.  I never can remember their shortcuts!

The forecast is calling for more rain in the coming week, but I hope it isn't like last year when we had some good rains in the fall but nothing from January on which used to be our rainy season.  I just wish we could alleviate the drought as it is depressing to always hear about it and not be able to go camping because of forest fires, etc.

Whatever your weather, I hope you all have a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I use deep pot for frying so there are virtually no splatters that make it to the rest of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fry anything so rarely and think I will just do the oven baking and not worry about spatters all over the stove, the wall, etc.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip Barney. I HATE frying things because of the mess and my husband likes fried okra, onion rings etc. I will try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you enjoyed your meatloaf. Now you can have it any time you like. Your talking about it made me want one but I haven't gotten around to making it yet.

    ReplyDelete