Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, October 1, 2016

A do-nothing day

And I mean I did nothing at al!.  I just didn't feel like going to Joe's for their block party, so I didn't have Jeannie & Donald pick me up thinking I could drive myself and then be able to come home when I want.   I'm only familiar with getting to their house, and if the street was blocked off I might have not been able to find my car later!

I've spent some time today researching painting methods, art supplies, etc.  It's becoming overwhelming, but I think I came to a brilliant solution about what I will paint next week.   I have three small apples in my fridge, and depending on if they look pretty good I'll take up to 3 with me.  I'm going to do a very small canvas, so maybe one would be the best idea.

I've been trying to find a picture of a single flower I would like to paint, but  can't find anything online that I liked, and I didn't feel like going out to look for magazines.  Most magazines on the racks I've seen are ones that I wouldn't buy and  probably wouldn't have anything of use to me.  I've ordered a couple of books from the library, and when they come in I might check out the Friends of the Library book sale - I donate magazines to them (and have a stack to take to them now), and I might get lucky.  If I do the apple I might take a photo of it and post it.  Many thanks to all who have written with suggestions, links, names to research, etc.  

It was cold this morning when I got out of bed, and stayed cool all day.  It might have been warm out in the sun, but I didn't go out.  I didn't close all my windows entirely, but lowered them by half - I have those awfully dated jalousie windows in the entire house, except for the bathroom.  My wish is to to replace them all, but there are so many things I wish for when it comes to remodeling that I haven't been able to set priorities.  The bathroom was top priority and I'm so glad I got it done.  (I still need to paint though, and I don't know if I'm up to it.  Standing on even a small ladder and stretching doesn't sound great.)

Nights are in the low 40's now and sleeping is wonderful!   I'm actually cold when I get up and love wrapping up in my fleece robe.  This is my kind of weather!


9 comments:

  1. I sleep much better when it cools off. It actually got down into the 60's overnight last night. That is the coolest it has been since way back in early Spring. Most years, we don't have much of a winter if any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a child of the east, I miss "real" winters. I miss snow, and having to wear long underwear! I miss seeing my breath in the cold. I miss warm sweaters & sweatpants, jackets and parkas and gloves. Dang, I guess California winters are a lot better than California summers, but they really aren't winter to me.

      Delete
  2. Gypsy-- check out a site called paint my photo. It's free, and photographers have said you may paint their photos without legal ramifications. I find the site is kinda overwhelming, but I have found several things I liked well enough to paint them. I print the photo out on plain paper and it is good enough quality for me to work off of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristine. I think I came across a reference to it in the past few days, and will check it out.

      Delete
  3. I love cool nights too especially if I'm somewhere quiet enough to sleep with the windows open and hear the night sounds. Hope you find the picture to paint that you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going with the apple - won't even take along the painting I've been working on. And I'll keep my eyes open for scenes to photograph, plus a trip to the library is in order. I thought a lot about it in the middle of the night and came to a thought, "Who cares if I'm good or bad at it? I am going to do my best to not care, but to learn, practice, and enjoy it."

      Delete
  4. I find lots of my ideas on Pinterest.com It is a web site that you can post ideas to a board and save them. Also, check out art.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing about Pinterest from one of my sisters and will have to take a look at it, plus art.com. I've been to so many art sites lately I need to organize them in my bookmarks folder.

      Delete
  5. Our weather is getting better to and I love the chilly mornings.

    I hope you find something you like to paint. The apples sound great. I keep hearing about Pinterest to but haven't gone to check it out.

    ReplyDelete