Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Totally turned around

All day long I've been thinking it's Monday, but here I am, a day ahead of myself.  Slow down, Gypsy!

I spent a couple of hours at the soccer field yesterday for the kids' first games of the season.  Today, Sunday, the family went to a Family Day celebration and picnic and I had planned to go.  Just before leaving I didn't feel so well and decided I'd rather rest at home.  

I am absolutely worn out by that plane trip and the subsequent jet lag.  Believe it or not, it is so much easier to drive, assuming you can take your time and stay off the interstates.  I had planned to fly here for Justin's First Communion this coming April, but if the weather doesn't look too horrible I may change my mind and drive.  The biggest problem is that to stay off most of the interstate requires driving north to avoid Salt Lake City, and in April the weather might not be predictable enough to do that.  

You may remember the last time I drove in April I made it ok to Dinosaur National Park in Utah, but when I reached I-80 after leaving Utah/Colorado the weather went straight downhill and I had to stay on the interstate and drive much faster than I prefer to drive.

So today I've done a bit of napping and reading, and am thinking about going downstairs to walk on the treadmill.  Having one so handy I have no excuse not to use it every day.

Wildlife sightings so far:  No deer; no foxes.

4 comments:

  1. I have trouble with time zone changes when we travel. And the girls really get all messed up. Going East is a lot harder for me than heading west. Rest up, relax and it is still Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about jet lag. It seems to be much worse going one way than the other but it's been so long since I've flown that I don't remember which way so I'll trust Jim and Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe a straight flight through would be easier ? Not sure since I have never flown
    from Calif to NewYork.
    Hope your better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't know about jet lag since I never fly anymore. But it was a good idea for you to just sit this one out and get rested up in the total quiet of the house.

    ReplyDelete