Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, September 21, 2015

Good day for a birthday party!

Yesterday was my grandson's birthday party, although he turned 7 last week.  It was a gorgeous day, in the high 70's and sunshine.  There were lots of kids and fortunately the weather was perfect for them to play outside.  There was so much food and lots left over, even after people took bowls and plates of it home.  I'm looking forward to leftovers this week - I love them.

Sandy's grandmother made me a round loaf of Portuguese bread and I sliced some for my breakfast this morning.  It is slightly sweet, and with butter slathered all over it, just perfect!

Now, after being around so many people for a few days I have the day completely to myself.  Just the thing for an introvert - I love being with company and conversation, but treasure getting my energy back with some "alone time".

I notice that the thermometer will rise to about 100 in Sacramento today, and I will really enjoy our high of mid-70's!  The weather here has been perfect to me.  I thought I had brought a sweater or light jacket, but only an old fleece pullover is all I can find among my clothes.  It's hard to pack for a month and get it into one suitcase to be checked.  So much easier to drive!


3 comments:

  1. Yes it is nice to mingel but then alone time is the best to regroup. I can't believe it is so hot in Sacrmento, it is pouring here do to a tropical storm, while the humidity is awful the temps are in mid 70's enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect to me too. I love the 70's especially at the beach IF the ocean is warm and the breezes light. I too have to recharge after being in large groups or even small groups on successive days. I seem to need more solitude the older I get.

    ReplyDelete