Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, September 18, 2015

Confused

 The more I research getting another dog or puppy, the more confused I become.  I know I definitely want a black lab, but would prefer a young one that is finished with the chewing stage and is housebroken.

I'm shocked at some of the prices asked for adoption - $450 from one org., $750 from another.  Maybe if I was employed full time I could afford that, but as a retired person I find it too steep to consider.  I probably won't find another dog, but now and then I wish I could.

Note to Jo about comment yesterday, my glasses are no-line and are usable for close up, distance, and in between.  The problem is that I just need a new prescription, but in order for my insurance to pay any of the cost I will have to wait until the first of next year.  I could get just a new Rx for reading, but it is such a hassle taking them off and on constantly, that I would tend to leave them on and look over the top when I don't need them for reading.  There is probably no good fix for me at the present time and i may as well get used to it.


3 comments:

  1. Pet adoption can get very costly. And then they have so many dogs they can't get good homes for. that is really the sad part. You are a great pet parent and some poor dog will not get your good home.

    I now understand about your glasses. I also need new glasses and I don't have the insurance to cover new ones. Yes just readers are a pain in the neck, Maybe that's why I don't crochet anymore becuase the distance part is now the wrong strength and keeps my distance blurry. Seems sometimes we just can't win

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "wants" for a dog seem perfect. Labs are wonderful dogs, I've never had one, but would love a lab if I'm ever in a house with a big yard. One thing to consider - when I got Katie at a rescue place, she only cost me $50 because I was a Senior Citizen. She had all her shots, they chipped her, gave her a complete exam, and of course she was spayed. So when you're doing your research, ask the places if they have discounts for Senior Citizens. (But Labs are such a popular dog - maybe a lab mix might be easier to find?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara's post is very good information. I did a Google search

    https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=pet+adoption+fees+reduced+for+senior+citizens&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

    and came up with a ton o' hits. Maybe you can find one near your house. I didn't look at all the possibilities, but there seemed to be a lot of them in California. You could make your area part of the search to narrow down the hits.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete