Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Puzzle time!

As always, there is a jigsaw puzzle being worked on the dining room table.  This time it's as diabolical as always - a picture in the shape of a triangle, with pieces that are all triangular shaped.  I placed a few of the pieces last night, but I'm just not as good at it as I used to be.  My 9 yr. old grandson is unbelieveably good at it though.

The boys have to read out loud at least 20 min. a day, and last night I listened to the 7 yr. old.  I last heard him read when I was here this past spring, and has he ever improved!  I am the book-giving grandma, so you know it makes me happy.  All my grandkids get a book or a series from me for birthdays and Christmases.  Everyone else can give toys, etc., but I'll stick to the books.  The 9 yr old is on the 5th or 6th in the Harry Potter series, which is amazing to me.  I never made it past the 6th book.

It's currently still in the low 60's today, and I'm really comfortable in my sweat pants.  Of course they are California pants and not  suitable for really cold weather in the East.  I still have sweat shirts and pants from when I lived East, and it's rare that I can wear them in the Sacramento area.  I'm loving this weather!

Since I'm not driving much this trip I spend more time at home reading.  I just ordered another book to read on the way home (having already read the one I brought along for that occasion), and will probably order yet another before I leave.  (They are all part of a series).  It's not so difficult to read when I sit close to a window and can get some daylight.  Also, I'm starting to wear the glasses prescribed for me for getting my license renewed last March.  They were for distance, but they seem to work well with the computer now, as well as driving.  I can't figure it out.

This is turning out to be a beautiful day.

3 comments:

  1. I am not very good at puzzles and my 4 yr old granddaughter runs circles around me:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jigsaw puzzles are so much fun. I love doing them, but with two cats and a small dining table in our 5th wheel, you just know those puzzle pieces would become toys. My Siamese likes to drop small things down our heat registers and I think that's where our puzzle pieces would end up.

    Luckily, I work in the RV park office and in the room next to the office are tables where we can set up jigsaw puzzles and work on them. Whenever we travel, I buy a new jigsaw puzzle for the park. The most recent one was purchased at Mt. St. Helens. The puzzle has the mountain before and after the eruption shown side by side. So it's a long, narrow puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to get the kids reading instead of watching to much TV and playing computer games. Don't see to much of that anymore. My one Granddaughter has read to her son while he was still in the womb and to this day she sits and reads with him every evening. I am always buying him books.

    ReplyDelete