Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, September 14, 2015

Keeping healthy

My chiroprator loaded me down with exercises to do and I'm trying to keep up with them.  None take very long, and none are difficult to do, but it's a matter of just getting down to it.

I had finally gotten the hang of juicing to my liking before I left Sac, and now I miss it.  With that in mind I drove to a natural food store that I knew carries unpasteurized juice, and bought 3 bottles (16 oz ea).  Two are kombucha green juice that contain a few other healthy ingredients.  I had no idea what kombucha is, and didn't know whether I would like it or not.  I opened one of the bottles today and the first drink was a total shock!  It seemed extremely tangy but also tasted extremely good and refreshing.  Each sip of it got tastier and the tang was still there although a bit softened.  I love the stuff!

Kombucha refers to a variety of "fermented, lightly effervescent sweetened black or green tea drink".  I sure felt a surge of energy and good health after each sip of that stuff.  I bought 2 kombucha multi-green drinks,  and 1 kombucha pomegranate ginger, which has an amber color.  Both are dated and the product doesn't have much of a shelf life, so I will probably visit the store every 3 or 4 days.  It is a fairly large store with loads of good things, but I tried to keep from shopping right now and just got the juice.

So I've shopped for and drank a healthy drink, and done quite a few exercises as well as walked on the treadmill for about 25 minutes.  I think I'll treat myself to a beer this evening!  (Beer is good for you, especially a golden ale or lager).

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to be so healthy you will not no what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll look into this Kombucha. I've never heard of it but like your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you google the "side effects" of Kombucha - WebMD says to only start with a few ounces a day with lots of water !! As it releases toxins in your body it can also aggravate a lot of previous conditions - everything from acne to skin itching all over , stomach cramps and diarrhea , flare ups of arthritis, allergies etc, etc - of course your body is already used to beer so maybe your reaction to fermented beverages might not be significant - be careful and enjoy NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I was thinking of buying some until I read Moonfly's comment. Dont' need anymore problems right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would give you any problems unless you drink 4-5 8oz servings of to start with. Like anything new, start slow. 2-3 oz with a splash of dark cherry juice or plain water. But that's for home brewed. Buy a bottle at the health food store and try that. It's pretty mild and ready to drink.

      Delete
  5. I brew my own kombucha. It's really easy but I still like the flavored one's that come from the store.

    ReplyDelete