Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 27, 2012

This is my new computer.   The list of questions I have is growing daily, but I am getting more used to finding my way around.  It is almost exactly like my laptop, except I used the touchpad for scrolling through such things as my photos.   I have hundreds (if not thousands) of pictures and a few good swipes on the touchpad would bring me to the bottom of the bunch, which is where the latest pictures are added.   I've found I can hold the "down arrow" key and it will do the same thing - just have to get used to it.  The keyboard is sweet - small, but regular size keys make it a snap to type, and I don't have to look at the keyboard which makes it go much faster.

I got my blood test results.  The cholesterol (total) went back up to 146 which makes me feel better - 100 plus or minus a couple of points is just too low.  Also the HDL and LDL are well within the ranges they should be in.  The negative thing is my blood count, and I don't really understand it all that well, except everything is above or below the accepted range.  I've been thinking about it for about 24 hours and now I will just forget it.  

I've sent out two letters about volunteer jobs this summer but need to have patience for a couple of months.  The normal procedure is to fill the positions during the latter part of December or early January, so I don't expect I will hear anything until then.  I just wish they would send an acknowledgement of receiving my letter.   Either location would be fine with me, but there is one I would prefer a thousand times over.  

I have my camera assembled - not much to it - except I can't get the strap attached.  What I have is a Fujifilm Finepix SL300; 14 megapixels; 30x wide angle optical zoom; 3.0" LCD PLUS an electronic viewfinder.  The viewfinder is larger than many on other cameras, and is in the perfect spot to find it quickly while trying to keep hold of the camera.  It seems to have a lot of capabilities, but the camera isn't inundated with icons, dials, buttons, etc.  Everything seems pretty logical, but I will just have to experiment a lot.  I have never had a camera with a big old lens, and I hope that when it is extended it doesn't topple me over!  There is a "faster zoom lever" on top of the camera, plus a side control which features more increments across the entire range.  Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?  Haha, fooled ya.  I'll learn though.
(I also tried to add a picture of the camera with the lens closed - I followed all the steps that I followed to the get the picture above, but for some reason it doesn't show up. )

Thanks to everyone who commiserated with me on the current Blogger.   I understand that many of you use LiveWriter, but that is for the Microsoft system and doesn't work on the Mac.  There are products available that are created for the Mac, but I'm not going to pay for a program so that I can write and publish a blog.   I've figured a possible reason why everything is going to a nearly blank screen - no doubt many people use their iPhones and its screen doesn't leave room for a lot of help on the screen.   I used to be able to start writing a blog, save it and leave it for a while, go back to it and edit it before publishing.  Now when I click Save, it goes into a black hole. 

Also, using Firefox I don't have anything at the top of my screen, including no Sign In or Dashboard.  I have to find the blogger entry in History that allows me to do a new post.  I tried it in Safari (Apple's browser) and the choices were at the top of the page, as usual.  When I tried to write a new blog I got bogged down with signing into gmail, passwords, etc.  Gmail has been a real PITA lately, requiring me to change my password and then never recognizing the new one.

As demanded by the Park "police" I pulled a lot of weeds and trimmed a lot of bushes.  I had a stack of debris that is larger than I am, so I arranged to get the dumpster and loaded all that crap into it.  Most everything that grows in this part of California has thorns and stickers, so I worked carefully.  The stickers go right through work gloves.  I then got out the leaf blower that I brought from NC, which is easy to use when you are working on 3/4 of an acre.  Not so easy in the tiny little space that I have now, and crap was blowing up and all around.  I finally got most of it swept up.  Now I can resume my battle against the weeds, and hacking the bushes.  Most of them are pretty ugly - maybe they need watering - but I refuse to waste water on ugly bushes when so much of the country is in a drought.  I am not much of a gardener and it bums me out to have to deal with it.

I give up on that 2nd camera picture.  It is right there when I click on the "Images" link, then I highlight it and click "Add Selected" but nothing happens.  





4 comments:

  1. Well, the oversized picture of your camera showed up 11 times! Uf-dah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep on keeping on, Gypsy. Glad to know you are making progress. I'm gonna check out that camera---maybe I need one like it! We just returned to a regular jungle at our house here in TX. Enough yard work to keep us busy 'til Christmas. Uf-dah #2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking seriously in getting a mac. I'll see how much trouble you have, or not have then make a decision after Christmas. There's several people with them and they can all help if I need it. I'll use the PC for backup on things I can't run on the Mac.

    You do have 11 extra big photos. It's of a table placemat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as if you don't have to ask Santa for any pens this year....
    Hang in there, I don't have a blog, I'd never figure it out or put up with the changes everyday..

    ReplyDelete