Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blogging

I began writing a blog in 2008 when I decided to sell my house, buy an RV, and live the full-time RVing life. That lasted for about 2 years, and I had some good times as well as some traumatic times. In the long run I discovered it wasn't fun to do alone. The blog has been well received by many in the RVing community, but now things have changed in my life and I'm no longer a full-time or even part-time member of that group. What I'd like to say is that I know many of you read blogs to hear about the RVing life. So if my blog no longer lives up to your expectations or preferences, by all means drop me from your list. What I don't need is a negative comment about it. I write and folks read, just as I read the blogs of others. There is no reason why an anonymous person needs to tell me I complain too much or am uninteresting, or whatever. JUST DON'T READ MY BLOG if you feel that way! It's really all that simple.

My life has taken a dramatic turn away from what it was the past few years and I am comfortable with that. I still hope to travel, but to tell the truth I doubt if I would ever want to travel in an RV again. I am finding it so much easier FOR ME to drive a smaller and more maneuverable vehicle. If you disagree then that's fine with me, but I can only say what I think and feel.

I drove downtown to my doctors office to pick up a prescription this morning and while I'm not usually a freeway driver, I did take US 50 freeway most of the way going and coming. Driving back I couldn't believe the condition of the roadway - smooth as glass! It has been repaved and the on and off ramps are much improved. So all that aggravation of roadwork can lead to a very pleasant driving experience, to say nothing about it being much safer.

19 comments:

  1. Way to go Gypsy, we read and keep up with you because we like you as a person and consider you a friend, to hell with the complainers, you don't have to travel to be accepted, Donna & I aren't full time and yet we enjoy the friendship of what is now a large following,Your have the right stuff, and stay that way. We are also hoping foe a successful outcome to your upcoming surgery. Be safe out their. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's your blog so write what you want, or don't write if you don't want to. Ignore the nay sayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad 'Mr Anonymous' has struck at you again and I do understand your frustration and anger with the nature and pettiness of the comment. It's probably the same 'Anonymous' who strikes me occassionally as well. Good for you in bringing it up and talking about it. Don't let the rudeness and sarcasm of one person with a chip on their shoulder get you down.
    RV's or no RV's, we still like to hear from you. Not all bloggers out here are RV folks and for Snow Birds like myself my blogs many times do not have much to do with RVing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many types of blogs on my list: RVers, quilters, weavers, gardeners, healthy eating, etc - lots of things that interest me. It's too bad about the anonymous comments, but don't let them get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm not going anywhere. You're my friend and I want to know what you're up to. Has nothing to do with RVing. And I find you extremely interesting and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Sam, I started reading because you were a single woman and you were full timing. I keep reading because I like you as a person. If someone doesn't like what you write, they can stop reading your blog.. Keep on blogging Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gypsy, I look at all of us as one big happy family of friends.. Feel like I got to know you in the RVD chatroom several years ago. I for one would be terribly disappointed if you didn't blog. I look forward to hearing what is going on with you and your life. We all have good days and bad..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not an RVer, and too old to start now. I do have a few that like my blog anyway. As for yours, i don't care if ur RVing or not, love to read what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I resolved the problem, so far, by not allowing any anonymous comments. Even though I didn't publish the comments I still had to look at them. Life's to short!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gypsy, I read your blog to hear about what's going on in your life.....if that means setting around the house and stirring the ashes in the fireplace......so be it.....your blog, your ashes.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh geez, people can be so rude! They feel that they can say whatever they want because it's online.

    I agree with everyone else: this is YOUR blog. Your real friends aren't going anywhere. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup...

    you write

    I read

    --- that is how we do it.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will still be reading too. We read because we care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep you just do it your way. I suspect that we all will have to compensate for the aging process.
    Mr anonymous can go fly a kite.
    Don't let it get to you!

    acheapguy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always read and enjoy your blog. It is a way to keep up with people, some of whom I have never met and never will, but still consider them friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been reading your blog for quite awhile. I'll still read it because you are interesting as a person no matter what you are up to. Sometimes there is not much to blog about, sometimes there is. I use my blog mainly to remind myself of what I've been doing all these years - I'm having too many senior moments, but the blog always refreshes my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE reading your blog and all your changes ... boo hiss on anyone who posts as anonymous regardless!

    people are freakin amazing... dipshits

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally agree with everyone! I started reading u as a single woman rv'ing, then just because i cared how you are doing. I too, found it lonely out there...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I really don't want negative comments on my blog, either. I think I'd delete them. You can think it, but don't leave the comment.

    I LOVE advice, though, and always appreciate it, especially when I'm doing something wrong or someone has a better way, or a good tip.

    But if someone doesn't like my blog, "Okay, go away!"

    Your posts are always interesting, because I like your style and honesty. I don't always agree with you, but usually I do. You don't RV or full-time now, but you did, so you "get it" far more than I do at this point. :)

    ReplyDelete