Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another day of doing nothing

I certainly didn't want to go out today in the post-Thanksgiving shopping traffic, and I mainly watched Book-TV a big part of the day. There are no commercial breaks so trips to the kitchen and bathroom had to be quick.

In a comment to my blog about the science shows I've been watching, Carolyn wrote to say that maybe quantum mechanics explains why she can walk into a room and then can't remember why or what she wanted. Carolyn, you are caught in a parallel universe, and for some reason you crossed briefly into that other world. I think I'm really beginning to like this science stuff if it can explain my crazy behavior! Some may wonder why a person who hates to use a cell phone, and doesn't want to know how certain technologies work (but just wants them to work) can be interested in quantum mechanics and the like. If I wanted to know about the latest computer technology for example, I could be as capable and good at it as anyone else, but it just isn't in my field of interest at this time. But the latest theories and discoveries about the universe happen to interest me now, so I'm going to learn a bit about it even if it drives me crazy.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my home improvement projects, especially the kitchen. I would love to replace the cabinet and drawer pulls and hinges, but just a quick google search put me in a state of shock at the prices. My kitchen alone has 18 cabinet fronts and 12 drawers, and the same hinges and pulls are on all cabinetry in the hallway and bedrooms. I think I will need to space out the projects around the time it takes me to save the money to pay for them.

9 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with Book-TV. That's a new one for me. I'm not sure I want to learn anything new anymore. My brain just seems to be so wore out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... I'm heading to the library... I need to check out quantum mechanics... plus! I'm on a quest to figure out what this certain tree is I found wandering about on this Island - Port Aransas ...

    I've got several people googling and looking and I've googled and looked... prickly pear cactus tree seems to be the closest

    BUT ... its description is a sub-shrub! This is definitely a tree... if anyone has time... look at my post ....

    http://amigoingsomeplace.blogspot.com/2011/11/saturday-and-beach.htl

    If it weren't for my curiosity and wanting to continue to learn stuff... hmmm well? I don't know... it'd just be pie eating, I guess ... not good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen cabinet knob comment reminded me - when I bought my condo, that kitchen too had tons of cupboards and drawers. I bought all new handles with a gift card from my Realtor, but honestly, I never did get around to switching them out. The handles were still in a bag, and were sold in the estate sale in June. Isn't that awful???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may want to check out a couple of magazines, Dicover and Astronomy. I subscibe to both and they are packed full of all kinds of science. Can't wait until I get the next issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I flick a switch and have light but have no desire to be an electrician. The internal combustion engine gets me to where I'm going but I have no desire to be a mechanic or understand the workings of a gasoline engine. I see the English game Cricket being played but have no interest in learning the ways of the game. Yep, I know what your talking about::))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess I'll stay dull and ordinary. No quantum mechanics for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on Black Friday. Absolutely NO desire to move right from Thanksgiving immediately into Christmas. It's not even December yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check antique stores, flea markets, and thrift shops for used handles and knobs. Might get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know about those handels and knobs. I quit counting after 24 and just forgot about it. Then I saw at Home Depot but pkgs of them but not in a finish I can use. Maybe if I wait awhile they might come in something I can use.

    ReplyDelete