Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Being a couch potato

I would bet that many of you don't think I could just stay immobile for long, but I have been following the doctor's orders to the letter. I don't feel well enough to do anything more, and it has been a real chore to walk Lady twice today. Fortunately she seemed to understand that I couldn't stay out long, and didn't take a lot of time to get her business done. I gave her double treats, of course, plus an extra scoop of wild salmon & duck canned food with the dry.

My eye doesn't feel so good, and the bones around it hurt like hell, especially my cheekbone. But I can't complain because of how fast the vision is coming back. I still have quite a ways to go, but I can tell the operation was successful. Now I have two donors to remember and thank every day of my life.

At a time when I could really appreciate television there is really very little worthwhile programming especially during the day, so I'm napping a lot. I read a few blogs and then have to set it aside and pick it up a little while later.

Thanks to everyone who sent me good wishes and good vibes. I am so grateful.

11 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that your sight is improving. My husband was a donor. I feel good when I think that other people can see because of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother had the same surgery. It took awhile, but she was so much better off after. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what can be done nowadays with all the medical technology available to us. A hundred years ago many of us would have had no chance or hope of ever seeing better again. And how admirable it is of those who have made the decision to donate so that others can be helped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your eyesight is recovering and i wish you altogether a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for Lady understanding your plight. I'm happy that your vision is improving. How about some books on tape instead of TV?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be a patient patient, it takes time to heal. Trouble is, I have noticed that since I have gotten older, it seems to take longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, if anybody can use anything i might have left over, take it! I am on the donor list.
    Taking care of your eyes is sooo important, to me, the most. Can't imagine not being able to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your eyesight is improving and that you are resting up. Did your doctor say the eye and bones around it would be painful?

    Books on tape sound like a good idea but of course you'd have to go out to get them unless you have a friend who could bring some by from the library.

    Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our pets are very intuned to us and seem to know what is needed by us. I wish I was better at understanding his needs.

    Keep following Dr's orders you will feel better everyday. Books on tapes sounds like a great idea or even some old movies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May you see like an Eagle when this is over with!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The rest is good for you..So glad all turned out well!

    ReplyDelete