Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 1, 2011

Barkeyville, PA

I decided to brave Scranton/Wilkes Barre and come across Pennsylvania rather than going through upstate NY. I would have loved the New York route, but after a lot of searching I couldn't find suitable lodging that would accept Lady. (That is, suitable to me, by the way). I'm sort of glad to be where I am, because I would have traveled just under 500 miles today going the other way, whereas it's been about 370 miles. It's a good thing too, because the in last 50 or so miles I really became tired, and my eyesight got a bit blurry off and on.

My son and grandsons washed my car and packed it up yesterday afternoon. Everything fit that I wanted to bring, although I did leave a couple of items there until next time. I'll probably come back in early spring 2012, and I'm going to really pack light. Only having tentative plans and not really knowing what would work I brought way too much stuff. I can't believe, after all the traveling I've done in my life and how I've learned to travel light, that I still make the mistake now and then.

My niece, Katy, came by to visit for a couple of hours yesterday. She lives in NYC but is spending the week house-dog-cat sitting nearby, so was able to drop in. She and my granddaughter are a joy to be with, and I find I get so energized when they are around. All in all, it has been a wonderful time for me since I arrived in a semi-catatonic state at the end of May. My health has improved, and I just loved being with Mike and his family.

Now on to whatever is next.

5 comments:

  1. If your in Barkeyville it looks like your taking I-80 west, Wish I would have known you would have been passing Scranton, I would have given you my my sister Wendy's address and phone, she would have loved to meet you.Let me know if you plan on taking i-70 through the St Louis area you can stop and spend a night here with us in our fiver.Have a safe trip and be safe out there. Sam & Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're getting offers of suitable housing along the way if you're of a mind to take advantage of it, and meander a bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing great, keep it up and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you decided to stop at 370 miles. That's a really long day even in a car. Glad you got everything in that you needed to get in. How did Lady do on the drive?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you all the best in your Westward-Ho travels. Looks like you have some pretty hot weather ahead of you. Shorter driving days might be a good way to handle that heat.

    ReplyDelete