Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend camping trip

I spent an enjoyable weekend camping with Jeanne (dau) and Joe (son) and their spouses & kids. Donald's Mom also came along on her first camping trip, and although I'm not sure what she really thought of it she was a very good sport.

I arrived at the campground first and set up my tent. The sites were nearly all empty, but a man and woman nearby were friendly. The man asked if I needed any help setting up my tent and I told him I could probably manage. He came over and helped me anyway, and the tent went up about 50% faster. I appreciated the assistance.

I finally got my car in for an oil change this afternoon. The yellow "Maint Reqd" light came on somewhere in Montana or Idaho, and I took the owner's manual into the motel room that evening to see what the light was indicating. I drove about 6000 miles from purchase to oil change, so I was about 2k miles overdue. I wish I didn't have that annoying light. I managed to get oil changes done regularly in my Ford truck, and didn't need a light to remind me.

I have thought a lot about it and decided that I will cut back to maybe blogging once a week or whenever I have something to blog about. Since I'm not traveling, and since I'm primarily looking for housing and waiting for medical appointments, there is no reason to bore anyone with uninteresting details. Besides, when I blog about most non-travel-related subjects I seem to draw more criticism for my viewpoints than I really want to deal with.

So until something exciting or at least interesting happens, I'm taking a rest and giving you one as well.

14 comments:

  1. Seeing as this was my first time missing the family camping trip I expected more details... Were there any generators running all night long, what about chain saws running at 6 am? And I heard rumors that there were a few honeymooners nearby...

    I say blog until your fingers bleed... if people don't like it they can find a new one to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sbrancamp! I don't find your blog boring. However, blog when you feel like it, that's what I do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely don't blog every day. Just too much work. And you know we'll be here when you do post so whatever works for you works for us. But we definitely don't find anything you write about boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog when you want, but keep us posted. We really care about you and what's going on in your life and would miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't go too long between blogs. I have enough to worry about and don't want to add you to the list, too. I have enjoyed every one of your blogs. As far as I am concerned, you can post two a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good time camping and will await the next update:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find blogging helps me keep my life in perspective. For me it's often like chatting with friends on the phone. You have to post when and only when you want to, about whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll definitely miss you while you're gone and wonder what you are up to. No one's life is boring and certainly not yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You didn't say much about the camping trip. I hope it was fun!

    I say, blog when you want - sometimes I actually have something to say, but don't feel like typing up a post. Sometimes I have nothing to say, but feel like posting, so I do.

    I love your opinions - I don't always agree, but I love people who say what they think, and respect their right to say it. Everyone is different. Thank goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I sure do understand what you are saying about blogging. I think you & I have had an understanding about that for a long time now. I know exactly where you are coming from, and why. Keep in touch:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a Toyota van, hubby changes the oil himself, found the procedure to reset that maint req light on the internet after I took it by the dealer and they said it was oil change and got in it and reset it in about 15 seconds. If you want the procedure, let me know and I will have him e-mail it to you.

    B Hart
    bshart@wk.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always look for your Blog, so I hope you don't take too long between blogging. It is never boring to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I truly enjoy reading your blogs and I appreciate you for posting them!
    Donna
    nana.donnad@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I somehow missed this post until now. I hope you'll be letting us know how your surgery goes, at least. :)

    ReplyDelete